OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

which 870

Started by ohiostrutter, March 25, 2012, 10:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiostrutter

getting a new dedicated turkey gun is 3 1/2 better i really like the 870 super mag thumbhole camo does anyone have this gun

nyhunter

I don't have the thumb hole  but I have the shurshot stock and love it, My advice is put it to your shoulder and see how it feels and fits. I would also sit on the ground just like you do when hunting turkeys.

ohiostrutter

i was looking at remingtons website it says the sps turkey has a 3 lb competition trigger how do u like it i meant to say i was looking at the shur shot stock as well

flayer

if you can find a thumbhole gun buy it, they are the best of the supermags that i have owned. most that owned them won't sell them, they shoot amazing when setup with the right choke and hevi-13 shells :OGturkeyhead:

Hooks' n' Beards'

870 Wingmaster is a Great gun.

rempumpman

ANY remington 870 is a good gun; have never owned the super mag 3 1/2 in chamber but for those who do they love them; I shoot the 3 in mag wingmaster and it has never failed one time; even the wal-mart "express" is ok but I prefer the wingmasters especially those made in the 70's and early 80's; I am a remington fan all the way and believe that you can't go wrong in owning any of them; keep us posted here on what you get; good luck in the spring.......................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

870supermagnum

I have the 870 Supermagnum SPS-T Camo.  I've replaced the original stock with a Knoxx Camo Spec Ops stock, and have a Taco Pro Point Multi Reticle red dot sight mounted on top of a camo B-Square saddle mount.  I shoot the Primo .660 Jelly Head choke and Winchester Supreme Elite Extended Range 3.5" #6s.  This rig has proven itself to be "Bad to the Bone!"  It will easily kill a turkey at 40 yrds.

No matter what 3.5" 870 you choose, seriously consider the Knoxx Recoil Reducing Spec Ops stock.  Your shoulder will thank you.    :happy0064:

tyelper

i have the wingmaster,,the express the special purpose and the super mag all nice guns only advantage on the super is its 3 1/2'',,,,,alot of add ons for these guns and with the right choke/shell combo its hard to beat,,,,

Wingbone

I have the Shur Shot 870 and the Max Gobbler. I love both and you can't go wrong with either, though they don't offer the Max Gobbler anymore.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

bird

Quote from: 870supermagnum on March 26, 2012, 08:31:24 AM

No matter what 3.5" 870 you choose, seriously consider the Knoxx Recoil Reducing Spec Ops stock.  Your shoulder will thank you.    :happy0064:

X2

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Dont believe the Express line is a good make what so ever,I Find them to be a Budget Shotgun at best,I Would not buy another express in my lifetime,I Like the Shurshot grip but thats about it,Action is not crisp,Mine jammed on every 3.5" Shell,Finish was not great,i was very disapointed then i bought a Browning.Case Closed.

ohiostrutter

ive got a wingmaster and a express the wingmasterr is to nice to take to the woods i  really  want a max gobbler bt cant find one anywhere

Gobble!

Wingbone

The Max Gobblers are hard to find and borderline impossible, as most don't want to get rid of them now. Will be easier to build one yourself by just buying the stock separately, rather than waiting on a used one to pop up. My .02
In Hoc Signo Vinces

mike103

I have 14 870's including four Wingmasters, five Express, four Special Purpose and one Police.

I have all gauges 12, 16, 20, 28 and 410 bore.

The Wingmasters are finished both inside and outside better.

I believe the SP are a step up from the Express.

That being said the Express model are a great gun.

Shooting them a lot smooths the action out and you need to oil the finish to prevent rust.

Don't baby the action, pump with authority to avoid jams.