turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hornady Turkey Loads

Started by Mimosa Gobbler, March 24, 2012, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mimosa Gobbler

These shells shot terrible the other day! I am going to try to shoot some like I do my FCW Federals and see if I get different results! I done some research and some people say they have a wad similar to the Federals!

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

gobb-lemon

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: gobb-lemon on March 24, 2012, 10:57:50 AM
just click below and read

http://www.hornady.com/store/Heavy-Magnum-Turkey/

And that vid is nothing more than crappy marketing to the gullable masses.  The results with these loads...in virtually EVERY member's gun on this site have been crappy to down right horrible.  While I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the component shot to handload, there is no way I'm gonna waste my money on these steamers.  I put them right behind Hevi Metal Turkey for over marketed poor performing loads...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

tyelper

they arent even good enuff for intruder loads,,,,,,

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Michigander

Quote from: gobb-lemon on March 24, 2012, 10:57:50 AM
just click below and read

http://www.hornady.com/store/Heavy-Magnum-Turkey/

If I was trying to sell a load that only put 70 pellets in a12in. square at 40, I would keep that info to myself not use it to advertise.  :TooFunny:

chatterbox

Too many good alternatives to that shell on the market. I for one wouldn't waste a dime on them.

Philippe

budtripp

Hornady should stick to rifle ammo, that they actually do well. Even so, I'd take my handloads any day

gobb-lemon

Quote from: Philippe on March 25, 2012, 08:38:28 PM
Save your  money
Would save my money also and get only ONE Hevi-13 shell if i had to.
I am a Hornady fan but not in shot shells.
Chris

Mimosa Gobbler

I agree with ya'll on a waste of time and money!  I love Hornady rifle ammo but they could discontinue the production of the turkey loads and reduce overhead!

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

Lucky Clucker

I wish I ha looked into this post before I got a box, I got a box of the 5's 1.5 oz. load, in 12 ga. shot in my 3.5 single shot in full choke, that loves the fed. fcw, it looked like a sawed off shot gun shot it, the pattern was over 4 feet at 40 yards, had 4 in the vitals but a wide open pattern, a friend shot 1 in a 870 with a .665 hastings, it was about the same, they are no good, the shot is good  but the shell is crap, I see they will soon discontinue this load,do not waste your money, go get some hevi shot or the lead fcw loads.
Hunt every day as if it were your last.

surehuntsalot

I told him not to,but a buddy of mine just had to get some,he bought the #6's
using a Mossberg 500 with a .660 Tightwad
I have very serious doubts about turkeys,but if we were dove hunting,he would have a killer load
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Perry296

I've seen where ppl are posting that they are shooting them through tight chokes but it says on the box that they work best out of a improved cylinder or modified choke has anyone tried them in those chokes

Punisher

Yes. I have.  They still SUCK!!!!!!!!!! :TooFunny: