OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem 870SM/ Ventilator .655/ Best Lead Pattern

Started by Longshanks, March 23, 2012, 05:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Got my gun back from the gunsmith, polished and the patterns were decent.  Shot a box of cheap shells through the new gun, new choke and polish job.  Cleaned the gun and turned the best Pb pattern of my life..

Rem 870SM/  Ventilator .655

268 in a 10 @ 30  Win XX 3/2/6's
           169 in a 10 @ 40   Win XX 3/2/6's

*POA/POI is on..shooting double beads.
* I will be carrying lead the rest of the season. :you_rock:

Philippe

With those numbers i wouldnt bother to even buy HTL, i know i wont anymore, my 835 gives good numbers like that, sold all my HTL and stocked up on lead :z-guntootsmiley:

Longshanks

Quote from: Philippe on March 23, 2012, 07:13:08 PM
With those numbers i wouldnt bother to even buy HTL, i know i wont anymore, my 835 gives good numbers like that, sold all my HTL and stocked up on lead :z-guntootsmiley:

Yea man!! Im really excited.  I shot 3 patterns and the one i counted looked the best but the others were really close.  They heck with HTL.

Philippe

Quote from: Longshanks on March 23, 2012, 08:18:34 PM
Quote from: Philippe on March 23, 2012, 07:13:08 PM

Yea man!! Im really excited.  I shot 3 patterns and the one i counted looked the best but the others were really close.  They heck with HTL.

Post up some pictures in the patterning section, i wanna see them patterns!!!

Longshanks

My wife is a little more computer literate than me. Gonna see if I can get her to post them up. She's prolly gonna look at me like I'm crazy.. :funnyturkey:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Very strong Lead numbers at 40 Yards.  Congratulations!!!

I've gotten 131 at 40 with 3" #5's, and 170 at 35 with 3" #6's, and I thought "my" numbers were smokin' hot.

You have yourself a winner.  Better stock up on some of those loads, now that you have your combo figured out!!!

Longshanks

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 27, 2012, 11:09:23 AM

I've gotten 131 at 40 with 3" #5's, and 170 at 35 with 3" #6's, and I thought "my" numbers were smokin' hot.

You have yourself a winner.  Better stock up on some of those loads, now that you have your combo figured out!!!

Absolutely! I'm on the road working, stopping at Bass pro and buying several boxes. :fire:

mcgruff1533

Those are amazing numbers for lead!   I'd love to see that pattern when you're able to post a photo.

Longshanks

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on March 28, 2012, 06:28:04 AM
Those are amazing numbers for lead!   I'd love to see that pattern when you're able to post a photo.

They are amazing Pb patterns..not something i thought i would achieve..but looking at them...160-170...is not exactly earth shattering. If you've ever looked at HTL patterns the Pb patterns are not eye candy ..so much... I have guns turning 330+ in a 10 @ 40..those are something to see. But if you take a gander at the patterning section..they are common among the OG members.

Longshanks

131 @ 40 with 3" 5's is awesome.  Tryed for years and i couldnt get close to that with 5's..I bet that gun is a killer. The knockdown with 5's is serious on the turkey. I bought 5 box's of the XX that work in my gun. Hopefully that will do me.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Can I take some credit for that pattern?   :lol:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteI've gotten 131 at 40 with 3" #5's, and 170 at 35 with 3" #6's

I wanted to point out that I didn't get these numbers with my Ventilator.  Although, the Ventilator is a good choke with certain loads in certain guns.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

lowoctane

:camohat:
What choke were you using? Thx...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteI've gotten 131 at 40 with 3" #5's, and 170 at 35 with 3" #6's

QuoteWhat choke were you using? Thx...

INV+ Indian Creek BDS SS .665 in a 28" BPS.