OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 3/23/2012 "How You Measure Up?

Started by BOFF, March 22, 2012, 09:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

I was thinking about how Blessed I've been already this turkey season, and the measurements used to score the turkeys my daughter, friend, and self have taken. I have not totally memorized all the conversion factors used to convert the measurements used in the turkey scoring formula, but I do know a good turkey when I see one. From looking at the beard length, spur length, and weight, I can tell if it will score well.

We as followers of Christ, also have measurements, by which others, even if they are not sure of the formula, can see if we measure up to our profession of faith.

Galatians 5:22-23
New Life Version

22 But the fruit that comes from having the Holy Spirit in our lives is: love, joy, peace, not giving up, being kind, being good, having faith, 23 being gentle, and being the boss over our own desires. The Law is not against these things.

How do you measure up? What are others seeing, as they measure your profession of faith?

Heavenly Father,

Forgive me of where I fall short, and miss the mark. Help us to exhibit the fruits of the Spirit, not for our glory, but yours. For it is in Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Showing people that we live what we speak is so important, this is a very good lesson. Thanks so much David !!!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

pappy

David, I can only hope and pray that I measure up enough to please God, and stay small enough to keep under His shadow, well put devotional...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002