turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Checked My 'Spots'

Started by lohaus, March 22, 2012, 05:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lohaus

Last night I took my 12 year old son and 7 year old daughter to a community youth event.  After playing games, jumping inflatables I decided we should take the long way home and check out some of our spots, or potential spots.  The season is t-minus 2 1/2 weeks away for us.

This spring is unseasonably warm.  We had 80 degrees the other day which is pretty much unheard of.  First spot, gobblers, second spot, gobblers, third spot, a group heading to roost, fourth spot, 2 in full strut with 2 stragglers, fifth spot, 7 in full strut.

Man, that got the juices flowing.  I can't wait.  I couldn't believe just about every spot had some nice toms out strutting.  Last year my son got his Tom first morning during the youth hunt.  This year, I told him we are going to give it a go without the blind now that he got his first bird last year.

Just want to say a good luck and be safe to all the fellas and ladies out there whose season has started or is about to start.

MouthCaller

geez! must be nice to have so many spots... Im dying here myself Im ready to get out there next Saturday..