turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The new Browning A-5!

Started by Rockhound, March 22, 2012, 02:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Got to hold and shoot the new Browning A-5 today man that dude is sweet! Just get ready because they have changed to a new invector choke system

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Rockhound on March 22, 2012, 02:57:36 PM
Got to hold and shoot the new Browning A-5 today man that dude is sweet! Just get ready because they have changed to a new invector choke system

I'm glad you had an opportunity to shoot that gun. It's a beauty and should have a lot of appeal to folks who liked the lines of  the old A-5.

It will be interesting to see how the InvectorDS chokes are accepted and how they work in the field.

It's interesting to note that 2 of the newer shotguns on the market have adopted a muzzle-end threading system, most often encountered in the Beretta/Benelli gun family.

The InvectorDS chokes are supposed to overcome the unwanted feature of "blow-by" of gasses and even particles of powder or shot that can plague other designs.

I've discussed the design with the Browning engineers but have not shot any of the guns that have that system installed to observe just how effectively it works.

I may be able to do that in mid-April. Time will tell.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Rockhound

i can tell you it doesnt have the "double kick" and the new chokes have a brass seal on the bottom side to help prevent buildup in between the choke and barrell threads. Its an awesome gun just a little pricey.

rebelman

Rockhound

oldcreekhunter

is it is as sweet as my old belgium made one?