OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

That outta do it...

Started by WNY Bowhunter, March 22, 2012, 02:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

I bought a couple of boxes of Mag Blends a few weeks back and decided that I had better test them out to make sure that my ole BPS was gonna like them.   

320 hits in a 10" circle @ 30 yds with a Pure Gold .670 choke...

I think they'll work just fine... :z-winnersmiley:.   

Three weeks to go until I get to try one on a KY longbeard (hopefully)!!!

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

JVA54

looks like a dead turkey to me     :fud: :newmascot:
  I need to get a Pure Gold choke

davisd9

Dead bird no doubt!  JELLYHEADED!  Cannot wait to see that KY Longbeard!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Quote from: JVA54 on March 22, 2012, 02:24:10 PM

If you want one they are made here locally in Rock Hill.  I can get one for you from a store and you have 30 day money back guarentee.  If you are not happy with the pattern you can mail me the receipt and choke with package back and I will get your money back.  The name of the store is Nichols Store.  It is where C J Stahly got his.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

C J Stahly

Quote from: davisd9 on March 22, 2012, 03:02:48 PM
Quote from: JVA54 on March 22, 2012, 02:24:10 PM

If you want one they are made here locally in Rock Hill.  I can get one for you from a store and you have 30 day money back guarentee.  If you are not happy with the pattern you can mail me the receipt and choke with package back and I will get your money back.  The name of the store is Nichols Store.  It is where C J Stahly got his.

I have two guns that I have them in and I am getting in the 200s with 3" mag blends and 6s. I can't complain at all.  If I ever get a different gun, one that is threaded different than the two I have now, I will just go ahead and buy one right away rather than trying to get a cheaper choke to find out if doesn't work. 

If you dont like it let me know....I might know a guy who knows a guy....LOL

JVA54

I do want one, but it be a couple of weeks. Really liked the pattern CJ got out of his 870.

JVA54

CJ  How long is the barrel on your 870

davisd9

Quote from: JVA54 on March 22, 2012, 03:31:30 PM

I do want one, but it be a couple of weeks. Really liked the pattern CJ got out of his 870.

Well if you want me to get it for you than just say the word when you are ready and I will get it and get it in the mail.  I can get it to you quicker than if you ordered it.  He has a 26" barrel.  My 835 did good with one just not better than my Star Dot.  It has a 24" barrel.

dirt road ninja

That's nasty. I really think you'll bust one in KY. I've deer hunted up there 4 times and saw plenty of birds every trip.

On another note: Have you found any sheds? I'm still shocked by the quaility of your deer up there.

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 22, 2012, 05:45:38 PM
On another note: Have you found any sheds? I'm still shocked by the quaility of your deer up there.

I've found a dozen so far.  It's been pretty tough due to the lack of snow and cold weather.  The deer were scattered all over this winter instead of concentrating on food sources.

I was fortunate enough to find one side to my #1 hitlist buck...

He added some good inches from 2010-2011...can't wait to see him this year!!!

Was hoping to find this guy's sheds again, but no luck...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

dirt road ninja

Crazy big. You sure your not in Iowa?

trkehunr93

Great pattern and deer!  Wow on those bucks!