OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet Thumpers Hunt.....Final Roll Call

Started by savduck, March 21, 2012, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Jbrown
Me
HoundsTooth
Drenilinld
Cannonball

Anybody else? I took off starting Wednesday 4/11 and planned to hunt through 4/15. Ill be hunting that Wednesday morning and roosting/hunting that evening.  I need to figure out who is coming in what days so I can get yall some info and put together a plan.

It has greened up big time, we are about a month early. So bring your green toned camo. It is also getting hot....hit 85 yesterday....in three more weeks it could be 90....so if you have light weight gear....bring it. Bugs will be bad, snakes will be out. Fun will be had. Birds are henned up now, but hens are starting to break off.....so the timing on this hunt ought to be spot on for lots of gobbling.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Dang it I want to go on this hunt but don't have the time off from work or the money.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

I am with you on this one Joe. Club dues must be paid this Sunday and I will be tapped out on spare cash

drenalinld

If you guys could just sell me your tags, i will look after them! I can't wait!! Gonna be rockin in the SWAMP!!

cannonball

I am driving down Wednesday morning and should be there around 3pm. I was going to buy a three day license and hunt Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I could leave Tuesday after I get off work, that would put me there around midnight though.

savduck

We would love to have everybody but know how life is.

Joe, we will get out here. Open invite just as before. You guys will be missed though. Gonna take you and Daves calls in the Swamp so these turkeys can get a piece of yall too.

Eddie, I wouldnt kill myself. Id stick with the plan. By the time you get here youll be ready to do some walking. We will hit the woods that afternoon.

Lets all plan on hunting GA. If somebody gets a bird early and wants to run on SC side, then I can take them over there.

Georgia Boy

jbrown

Del, I have a date with the dentist Wed am, I'll be there 1 or 2pm. I hate it, I broke a tooth, if I miss this app it will be 4 wks before I could get another!

savduck

Quote from: jbrown on March 21, 2012, 09:54:51 PM
Del, I have a date with the dentist Wed am, I'll be there 1 or 2pm. I hate it, I broke a tooth, if I miss this app it will be 4 wks before I could get another!

10/4.....Ill leave a few alive for you.

You got to quit biting on those teals breast with #4 steel in em.
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

I would love to be there but I'll be in Kansas chasing the Rios at that time.  Best of luck guys and score big ones!

870BkWht

Id love to go with you fellas also, but Im in the same boat as others and no spare cash at this point.  Del, maybe sometime you can come hunt my neck of the woods in this part of WV and the you can show me your swamp.

savduck

Quote from: 870BkWht on March 22, 2012, 08:43:45 PM
Id love to go with you fellas also, but Im in the same boat as others and no spare cash at this point.  Del, maybe sometime you can come hunt my neck of the woods in this part of WV and the you can show me your swamp.

DEAL.....last time i was there, I let one live in Putnam County.
Georgia Boy

jbrown

I hate that some of y'all will miss this hunt....the Savannah River swamp is a very special place to me! There's not many places like this left in our part of the world. We'll take lots of pictures and hopefully kill some gobblers!!

drenalinld

I am changing plans a little. I am coming down Tuesday night and will have to return home Friday night. My sister is having a 25th wedding anniversary party on Saturday the 14th. That's not all bad since Sat is our opener here. Anyways, I will probably be fairly late getting down there Tue night. If you can hunt Wed. morning great, but if you need to work don't sweat it. Just point me in a direction and I will start the party..........lol

savduck

I'm off wednesday and plan on hunting so it's all good. I'll hit you with some info you need later tonight
Georgia Boy