turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Helping Gas Mileage

Started by pullit, March 21, 2012, 12:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullit

I am running Mich. LTX M/S2 tires on my truck. I just checked their web site and they say 35 psi. I might bump to 40 psi and see if that helps.

stinkpickle

Quote from: pullit on March 22, 2012, 01:51:12 PM
I am running Mich. LTX M/S2 tires on my truck. I just checked their web site and they say 35 psi. I might bump to 40 psi and see if that helps.

Check the max cold pressure on the tire itself.  If it's a D or E range "LT" tire, the max cold pressure could be as high as 80psi.  Passenger tires usually allow up to 44psi.  On an empty half-ton pickup, however, anything above 50 psi would probably be unnecessary.  If fact, you can get some nasty wheel hop in the rear with an empty bed.  I've found that running 45psi in the rear makes it a little too "live".  The weight of the engine makes the front more manageable, so the 50-front, 40-rear combo works for me.   

Bigmiah22

I hated the gas mileage in my truck, had a k&n filter and cold air intake and still got 10-12mpg, got a new eco boost f150 and now i'm sitting around 20mpg consistently. Opened my eyes to a whole new world.

Gobble!

Remove anything that can restrict air flow. Intake, exhaust, and a good tune should help. Now the only issue is with all of those your going to have more power and more noise so don't get heavier on the throttle.

Snoody Bastid

I hear vehicles save gas and run better with algae..

stinkpickle

Quote from: Snoody Bastid on March 23, 2012, 12:52:45 AM
I hear vehicles save gas and run better with algae..

:TooFunny:  I heard that, too.  I had to install a pond water filter.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong...

30_06

Never used a chip, but I got better mileage and throttle response using a K&N filter on my '62 Ford Falcon.