turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Already summer in Dixie

Started by swamppirate, March 20, 2012, 04:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamppirate

Man I don't know about the rest of yall but it's down right HOT down here 83 and rising...the azaelas, dogwoods, redbuds and wisteria are in full bloom (not too mention the pollen). Hope this won't cut our turkey action back too much...come on Saturday!!!
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Ol'Mossy

I wouldn't worry too much if your season starts Saturday, I have a whole month to wait yet and it's supposed to be around 80 Thursday

cannonball

85 degrees here today, feels like summer.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BowBendr

About 83 here today in the foothills of the NC mountains.
Don't know how it will affect the bird season that's still a month away, but the leaves will definately be full on when the season starts.

Wingbone

Our juvenile hunt is this weekend here in Tn, and I've been worried for two weeks that the hens were going to be hatching eggs before April. Thankfully, I checked my trail cams today and all my birds are grouped up. Smaller groups, but still separated. Guess the length of day plays more of a part than I thought.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

hootn

we got lighting bugs out right now. they usually somewhere around the middle of may they start coming out.

scott

bigthunderchicken

they will be ok its actually had the gobblers hammering down here. i think it made the gobblers start early but the hens dont want it. they have been really lonely! ill give them company though. :turkey2:
Chase

MossbergMike

6 days till the opener here in TN and its gonna be in the 80's all week. Already hearing reports of the toms doing there business.
Just have to wait and see I don't think it will be that bad but who knows.

pseshooter300

It was sure warm today here in Tn
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

turkey_slayer

Its been hot here in southwest Virginia as well. Broke a record yesterday at 84

jarbo03

Has been 20-25 degrees above average(57) for the last week.  Been raining for 4 days now, back to normal temps.  Birds have been gobbling for a few weeks now, way sooner than normal.  Wheat and grass have started growing and greening up over the last few days, time to start scouting.  Will be the first time I have mowed in March in quite a few years.

hoyt

Yep, ticks and snakes already out. Gobblers are gobbling their heads off in Shawnee, where I hunt.

This one I got on trail cam in one of my favorite spots.  Right above it's tail looks like another gobbler dusting. I know there's three, big, freshly used dust bowls exactly where that red, blue and black is in the picture.

Cutt

It's in the low 80's here in PA, and our Season is still 5 weeks away? :help: Good Luck!

BC

I've been turkey hunting for a looooooooooooooooooong time and I have NEVER seen the dogwoods in full bloom on opening weekend. Crazy weather for sure.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are done by mid April here in Alabama.