OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MOSSY 935

Started by dirt road ninja, March 20, 2012, 03:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

I've been spending too much time looking at the 935's. After the season I think I'm gonna have to get one. I like the pistol grip model, but it is only offered in a 22" tube and I want at least a 24", and would really like a 26". I'm going to call them and see if they would put a 26" barrel on a pistol grip. I tried to call earlier, but they left me hold too long. I already have a few chokes for it, so I'm set there. I might play with a dot scope as well. I tried the regular scope thing years ago and hated it, but those FFIII sure look nice. Another project I was thinking about was a 26" 870 20 gauge, but after hunting a day or so with the 11-87 20 I really like that little gun. I'm hunting with that till I kill one with it then back to the 835.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

What chokes and shells are working for you?

I want to go the scope route but I get all kinds of mixed reviews...

I can always go wiht the williams fire sight ghost ring option.

BTW thats on my 835

davisd9

Do it man!  I like the 935s myself but I just like a pump for a turkey gun, but if I ever get to where i need to cut back with recoil than the 935 is where I will go.  Want to see a picture!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Recoil is the driving factor. Plus it's been awhile since I bought myself a new gun. The last few have been for my son.

trkehunr93

935 is a good gun, I'm a lefty so auto's are out for me.  I have a JC Higgins .22 semi and I hate  the cheek sting I get from that could only imagine a magnum shell hitting my cheek, OUCH!  I would think a 835 barrel would fit it since they are essentially the same gun and they have a 24" barrel.

davisd9

Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 20, 2012, 09:04:42 PM
935 is a good gun, I'm a lefty so auto's are out for me.  I have a JC Higgins .22 semi and I hate  the cheek sting I get from that could only imagine a magnum shell hitting my cheek, OUCH!  I would think a 835 barrel would fit it since they are essentially the same gun and they have a 24" barrel.

I was thinking the same thing, but was unsure if it would fit.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

dirt road ninja

I hate to drop close to 7 bills and another 2 on a barrel. I'm going to see if they will let me order one with the 26. They offer a 26 on a waterfowl model. I really wouldn't mind if the camo didn't match, but would like it to.