OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

public land birds just taste better!

Started by tripler, March 20, 2012, 02:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripler

Sunday after Church I got bored and decided to spend the afternoon in the Bienville National Forest. It was such a beautiful afternoon that a turkey gobbling was just icing on the cake. After prospecting out the gated road i was on i decided to rest and put out a "strutter" and the new inflatable Primos Hen decoy. boy does she look pretty! Best looking hen decoy i have ever seen. Anyway, i rest, call, rest, call and at 5:03pm I hear a gobble right on the verge of hearing distance. My instinct was to jump up and close the distance but my "intuits" told me to stay!! I decided to lay out a long series of yelping and excited cuts with my box call and right at the end of it he gobbles right back! I sit down and approx 15minutes later i see the gobbler 70 or so yards out. He is "slicked" down and walking past. Now i do some soft calling and he gobbles two or three times right back! Game on! Now i am hearing drumming and down the road i see a gobbler in full strut closing fast! I turn my camera on him and the new gobbler now becomes the STAR of the show. i video him all the way in to 14 steps! He loves the hen and pays no attention to the strutter. After several minutes he finally turns his tail to me and i get my gun on his head. Bad mistake Mr. turkey! 2 yr old in the sack at 5:37pm.. Until next time....

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Rio Fan

Sounds like a very exciting hunt, congrats!

dirt road ninja

remmy1187

socalturkeyman

Congrats and I do agree public land birds do taste better! good job sir.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

FullChoke

You know, from the looks of that head, I would dare say that a 20 gauge shotgun was involved in this ritual killing!

Great job.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Fireengine70

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Turkeyfan

Another one takes a dirt nap. love it.

ILIKEHEVI-13

mossy835

Now that hurts still one month until I can go!!!!!!!!!!!!
:OGani: