OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Doubled with my Dad in Bama

Started by pogo, March 20, 2012, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pogo

I was blessed to be able to hunt with my Dad for the first three mornings of the season.  The first couple of mornings the birds didn't work too well, but honestly, that was OK since we were having a great time sitting and walking around together.  He is now 68 and I'm 44, and I am treasuring each chance like this more a more.  Well, day tree smiled on us as I was able to call along with him to a nice three year old that came in about an hour off the roost.  It gobbled over 80 times and was one of those perfect hunts as it came sneaking up through the woods on my Dads side and he dropped it at 26 yards.  After the shot we both noticed some movement to the side and quickly realized that his bird was being shadowed by another silent gobbler.  The second bird ran to the dead on and began pecking it and then jumped on top of it.  I shot it after a few seconds of watching this.  Both were great birds, sharp spurs, long beards.  Thank you Father, and thank you Dad.

remmy1187

Sounds like an awsome hunt, way to go and congrats to both of you!

redleg06

Congrats to both of yall! that is special!

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

JVA54

BHMTitan

What a wonderful morning.  I cherish the memories of the mornings my Dad and I spent in the spring woods.

guesswho

Nothing like hunting with a parent.  Congrats to you both, and great photo!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

snuff can

I'm 45 now and lost my dad when i was 43. All i can say is cherish every moment ! congrats on a great hunt !

Rio Fan

Congrats to both of you!  My dad is 69 and I hope I have several more seasons to hunt with him.

Reloader

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Hognutz

Congrats to you and your dad! Nice pictures, my friend..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

harvester

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!