OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion, Tuesday, 3-20-12

Started by Duke0002, March 19, 2012, 10:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"Knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ" (1 Peter 1: 18,19).

St. Peter gets right to the point of how a person is redeemed (or ransomed) by God.  The cost of your salvation lies solely in the blood of His only-begotten Son.  Nothing you can offer God can pay the price of your redemption.  God is the one who justifies the sinner, so He gets to set the price.  The price: The sufferings and death of the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. 

Since the ransom price has already been set and the ransom price has already been paid, there is no room for bargaining or dickering. God ignores whatever you or I might toss into the pot of salvation.  Our opinions on how we may "sweeten" the pot to our advantage doesn't matter one bit.  He has created the offer of salvation. It is His salvation and He's made the rules.  We can only believe in our salvation provided by Jesus Christ.  Faith lays hold of what God offers us in Christ.  Glory be to Jesus!

The Lenten season of the church year provides some of the most powerful hymns found in any Christian hymnal.  Here is one of my favorites, based on 1 Peter 1: 19.

"Glory Be to Jesus"

Glory be to Jesus, Who in bitter pains
Poured for me the life-blood  From His sacred veins!

Grace and life eternal  In that blood I find;
Blest be His compassion,  Infinitely kind!

Blest through endless ages  Be the precious stream
Which from endless torments  Did the world redeem!

Abel's blood for vengeance  Pleaded to the skies;
But the blood of Jesus  For our pardon cries.

Oft as earth exulting  Wafts it praise on high,
Angel hosts rejoicing  Make their glad reply.

Lift we, then, our voices,  Swell the mighty flood,
Louder still and louder  Praise the precious blood!

-Dale

Roostem33

Thanks so much Dale, awesome Word!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

BOFF

WOOOEEE!!

Straight to the point!! Well written Dale!!

Thank you.

God Bless,
David B.

pappy

Our opinions on how we may "sweeten" the pot to our advantage doesn't matter one bit.  He has created the offer of salvation. It is His salvation and He's made the rules.

Woweeee...David, I love this devotional....goes to show just how precious my salvation really is...great jumpin' Jehosiphat!!!!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206