OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TN license ?

Started by Tail Feathers, March 19, 2012, 09:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I just need some verification from our TN brethern.
I got my TN license in the mail today.  I got the out of state 7 day big game license for the dates of our hunt.

We will be hunting private for three days with an outfitter.
Then we go to a State Park to hunt three more days and hopefully fill another tag or two.
The ranger at the State Park said no WMA permit needed for a state park.
But the license comes only with one "temporary big game tag".

Do you get another tag when a bird is checked?  If I'm fortunate to tag out how would I tag four birds?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

cannonball

They will issue you another tag if you take it to a checking station. You can also check them in online and print off your new kill tag if you have acess to a computer and printer. Best of luck to you on the hunt!

J-Shaped

Quote from: cannonball on March 19, 2012, 09:52:00 PM
They will issue you another tag if you take it to a checking station. You can also check them in online and print off your new kill tag if you have acess to a computer and printer. Best of luck to you on the hunt!

Keep in mind, however, that you are only allowed one bird per day. I think that is often overlooked vs. other states.

Wingbone

Exactly. We still check in big game, including turkeys, vs. a lot of other states. You may need to check the TWRA website to see where the nearest check station is in relation to the state park you are hunting. Each time you check in your bird, you get a new temporary kill tag. Good luck on your hunt.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Tail Feathers

Quote from: J-Shaped on March 19, 2012, 10:16:21 PM
Quote from: cannonball on March 19, 2012, 09:52:00 PM

Keep in mind, however, that you are only allowed one bird per day. I think that is often overlooked vs. other states.

Roger that, and thanks for the info!
Appreciate the info from each of you.  Sounds like I'm ready to roll!
Good hunting.

cannonball

I forgot to mention you need a hunter saftey card if you were born after 1969.

Tail Feathers

You flatter me.... :TooFunny:

I have one, but only after I ran into an issue last year in KS.  I had never seen a state that required one for someone my age but KS requires if for hunters born in 1957 or later!  Poor planning on my part cause I was born in 60.
I got a one time exemption and had to hunt with a "card carrying" hunter.
My buddies laughed at me.  I'm a cop.  And had to hunt with a "safe" gun handler.... :goofball:

I went to the course this past summer just to be safe and not have that issue again.  That's a great reminder for everyone tho!

tyelper

im from indiana, but have family in greenville,how do you go about getting an out of state tag and how much are they!!!

MouthCaller

they are all over the counter tags you can buy them anywhere online, wal mart (when u get here), ect... Ill get you the site for TWRA that'll have the prices..

http://www.tn.gov/twra/huntlicense.html

go here and scroll down to non resident you can either choose a annual big game or 7 day big game.

Garrett Trentham

While on the subject of TN tags....

I have a lifetime license and will be hunting the opener in TN. Am I reading the regs right in that I DO NOT need a tag? I just shoot a bird and take it to the check in station where they will issue me a tag for that bird and then give me another tag for my next. This is how I read the regs, but it does sound strange.

Thanks,

Garrett
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

harvester

Quote from: Garrett Trentham on March 20, 2012, 04:02:05 PM

I have a lifetime license and will be hunting the opener in TN. Am I reading the regs right in that I DO NOT need a tag? I just shoot a bird and take it to the check in station where they will issue me a tag for that bird and then give me another tag for my next. This is how I read the regs, but it does sound strange.

Thanks,

Garrett

Your are correct. Good Luck hunting.

Garrett Trentham

"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

X-Tennessean

Quote from: Garrett Trentham on March 20, 2012, 04:02:05 PM

Thanks,

Garrett

Lucky you !! I wish I had bought mine BEFORE I moved but didn't because I did not think they would honor them, but boy was I WRONG........Mine would have been paid for by now from what I pay for yearly annual all game !! You live and learn I guess.

News flash to everyone who "thinks" they may move from Tn and go back to hunt regularly...BUY YOUR LIFETIME BEFORE YOU MOVE !!
Good luck in Tn guys :)

TennLongspur

This has been answerd I'm sure already, but once you kill a bird, take it to a registered check in station. They will isue you a new kill tag on the spot.
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

reynolds243

Quote from: TennLongspur on March 21, 2012, 11:17:24 AM
This has been answerd I'm sure already, but once you kill a bird, take it to a registered check in station. They will isue you a new kill tag on the spot.

or do it online and print off a new kill tag.