OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sunday Am 911 call, thank goodness all is ok

Started by HogBiologist, March 19, 2012, 04:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

My Little Chicken has been a little down and out with the allergies. We took her to the Velocity care Saturday afternoon and they said sinus infection. THey gave her some prescriptions and we left. Fast forward to bed time, she was running fever and we gave her some meds for it. I got kicked to the couch to make room for chicken in the bed with momma. At 2 am the wife felt her fever going up and gave her some tylenol. About 4:45 my wife hollered to me. When I came in (knew something had to be wrong) our 19 month old was having a seziure. I have taken CPR/FA for 8.5 years. All that training went right out the window. All I could do was Dial 911, I did my best to calmly give detailed info to the operator. The second I was finished the woman hung up on me. WTH, i thought they were supposed to stay on the line until help arrived. About 10 minutes later I called back. A few seconds later I could see the Sherrif coming up the street. The ambulance got there shortly after. This is like 15 minutes after the whole thing started. They EMT came in and picked up our daughter who until then had been unresponsive. As he carried her out to the ambulance she arroused. They took her temp, 103.4. They said she had suffered a febrile seizure (fever induced seizure). The took her to the ER and she was ok. Found out that about 2% of kids will have them. If they have it before age 1 then there is a 50% chance it will reoccur. After age 1 the chance drops to 30%. These will stop by age 6. Also, there is no physical or nervous damage done by the seizure.

After we got home I looked at my mom who had been watching our older girl and told her i know know how she felt when her baby (me) was sick or injured (I've had a few serious injuries growning up). I gave her a huge hug.

Heck of a way to get woke up on a Sunday morning.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Hognutz

Thank the good Lord thank all is O.K. I can't imagine how scary that was. I pray that she is on the mend.. :cross2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

stone road turkey calls

glad she is ok, ataboy to you for getting her fast help.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

coyotetrpr

Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

redarrow

Rio Fan

That's some scary stuff for sure.  I'm glad your daughter is going to be OK.

SinGin

I sort of know how you feel. My son who has Autism started having them when he was 9 months old. The first time he had one my wife called 911 and gave them our mailing address instead of our 911 address. Hard to believe with a child going through all that, no damage is really done. After he has them now he just sleeps for about 3 more hours. It is one of  the most scariest thing a parent can see.

ILIKEHEVI-13

mossy835

Glad she is okay nothing scarier than a sick and unresponsive child!
:jesus-cross:

Gobble!

Shellwaster

Glad she's alright. Prayers sent that it never reoccurs.

limb reauxster

glad to hear she is better... will continue to pray for her!!!   i know how you feel when things are out of our controll.. my son was shot while squirrell hunting with me this past october by a trespasser. was a bad feeling when he was airlifted and i am left in the woods to drive to the hospital. doing good after surgery and playing baseball. good luck hunting.   el                          god did it..................

Roostem33

Man I'm glad to hear she is going to get better, that had to be scary. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family! :jesus-cross:

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Reloader

Glad to hear she is doing better. That had to be scary.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.