OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Great hunt in NE FL...

Started by 870supermagnum, March 19, 2012, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

My 8 yr old grandson and I went out this morning and had a great Oceloa hunt.   :happy0064:

My grandson was sitting beside me and behaved perfect.  We has a good setup and some soft clucking brought a hen off the roost and she landed twenty yards directly in front of us.  She was looking for the hen she just hear and checked out our decoy cautiously.  After about five or six minutes of her clucking and purring two jakes arrived out of some planted pines on our left and moved from left to right across in front of us and checked out the decoy, they never made a sound, but the hen was still clucking and purring.  Then a gobbler started sounded off to our left in the same direction the jakes had came.  I could tell he as headed our way.  Another hen showed up to our right and now there were two hens and two jakes within twenty-five yrds of us.  Finally, the gobbler came into view and put on a show for everyone present.  It took him about six or seven minutes to move into gun range.  He would strut awhile and then break strut and peck at some grass seeds.  After a few minutes of that he went into a strut and turned heading straight toward us, when he broke strut and stretched that neck up high to look around he got a load of Win SE ER 3.5", #6 upside his head.  It was a great hunt and my grandson did great, and witnessed the whole event.  Praise the Lord for a wonderful hunt with my grandson.

AndyH

Congrats, :icon_thumright: sounds like it was a great hunt!

cannonball

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Hognutz

Congrats!! What a way to start your morning. Does it get any better than that?? I think not..Well done..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

ctwny1

Congrats...Got any pictures of Grandson and the turkey?

DirtNap647

boomer

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

870supermagnum

ctwny1, I do have some pictures of my grandson and the turkey,  but I can't figure out how to post them on this thread.

JVA54

nctrkyhntr

timbrhuntr