OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody hunting yet?

Started by TRKYHTR, March 18, 2012, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Any trumpet thumpers hunting yet?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cannonball

I am waiting on the 31st. It's about to kill me, but I have a feeling it's going to be worth the wait this year. I am going on the team hunt, and the next week I am hunting a WMA that I got drawed for. I scouted the farm I'm going to hunt opening morning, and found all kinds of scratching and droppings. I think they are roosting at the top of the field, I just hope I can sneak up there and set up my decoys without being busted.

savduck

Lyle is getting after it. Ill be after it come Saturday.
Georgia Boy

Houndstooth Game Calls

Hunted 4 days-1st morning found turkeys far off. 2nd Morning on top of turkeys call one in hammer back ready to shoot just squeezing the trigger and he boogers for what reason I don't know gone in split second!! Fool goes back to gobbling but pinned down in boogered spot!  3rd morning go to a spot I left a crazy bird the last season the fool is still there same spot one year older and does same thing goes to a spot that he sets up and gobbles from once he's gone little recon reveals a bench on side of steep hill!! Taking note fellows his days might be numbered!! 4th morning set up on a turkey 4 different people came down the road hoot n on there toot flutes and crow impersonators shut him up for good! Here's a tip: public land birds don't gobble very much at hoot owl calls when owl has 4 wheels crunching gravel then stops and hoots then the owl slams his door and leaves. Back to the hunt so 1st bird is a bust 9am people leaving time to slip around with long box gobbbbble back at me start walking to him bird is on side oh a point coming off the hill steep enough to need a seat belt to sit down on the tree and not roll down. 1 set doesn't work ease around leave a little roll just I've the hill since you could see 300yds to keep him from seeing the fake yelping hen. Call him up on top of hill stays at sixty mark just can't see him cause of roll of hill last for awhile then disappears! That's it!!

TRKYHTR

Sounds like alot of fun Lyle. Go kill that bird on that bench. He has a pattern. His days are numbered.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

Like Lyle, hunted 4 days in a row and got my tail handed to me. Day 1 had 2 comming in on a string and the neighbor kills both. Day 2 on a bird and a hen pulls him away. Day 3 bird is cutting me off and I try and cut to distance to shorten the hunt and get busted. Day 4 set up where I know this bird is roosting close. I just did not know I was sitting on his roost tree and he busted me again. Yea, I spent 3 days on 1 bird but I now THINK I know where to set up to kill him.

870BkWht

good luck to Basser and Lyle.  I hope you guys put us on the board.  I still have about a month to go.

jbrown

Stay after'em boys....persistence kills a lot of gobblers! I'm waitin on Sat the 24th. Good huntin to all!!

savduck

Quote from: jbrown on March 19, 2012, 09:12:13 PM
Stay after'em boys....persistence kills a lot of gobblers! I'm waitin on Sat the 24th. Good huntin to all!!

Yep....more than any other skill.
Georgia Boy