OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Man they are hot in GA

Started by savduck, March 18, 2012, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Went to my old college room mates property today to sight in my Weatherby 20 ga. Jim tagged along and brought his Buice trumpet so I could test it out before buying one.

I was showing him around the property and we stopped in an old food plot right next to a big swamp and beaver pond. Over the years my old room mates and I have murdered some gobblers right near that spot. Its up on a hill that drops down into the swamp.

I let the buice rip and one cut me off about 120 yards away. 10:20 AM. I called a few more times and 2 gobblers were double and triple gobbling and COMING. Well needless to say we got out of there FAST.....man I wish the season was in. Anyway we went to the otherside of the property and shot the guns, came back and hit the call one time, and the bird cut us off....12:30 PM. My buddy hasnt hunted that property in about 5 or 6 years. He will be glad to know there are two ready to die on Saturday.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Gotta love it when the turkeys are right.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cannonball

It sounds like you had a fun day. Hopefully they will be as cooperative come Saturday for you.

jbrown

Hey man, really enjoyed today!! You should hear this new Muddpuppy trumpet!! I'll see you Sunday!