OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

need help with mossberg 835

Started by chaz_Z7, March 18, 2012, 10:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaz_Z7

i am new to this forum to start off with...i just bought a mossberg 835 last year and have spent a fortune on shells and chokes for it...for example

primos jelly head, indian creek , rhino
i have shot mag blends, ordered nitro shells they recomend , win xr, heavy metal

and have yet to get over 200 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards, and nitro says they can get 280 to 320.

what are some of my options before i get more stressed and spend anymore money...please...thanks guys

SumToy

:welcomeOG:

Have you checked the POA/POI.   Then get you some HV-13 or Fed FCW.   

SumToy, IC or PG should put good numbers.  Keep eye open for a Star Dot choke also.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Bucnspur

I went through this all my self the last few weeks. Believe it or not I had the best results with the factory choke and Win. Supreme HV 3" #5's. What really helped was installing a Truglo red dot sight. The gun was shooting off my point of aim with the fiber optic sights but I was able to dial it in on the red dot and shooting at huge paper. 

timberjack86

:welcomeOG: I bought a h.s strut hd undertaker from cabelas and loaded it with 3 in magnum blends. I had to adjust my poi but after that I am Golden. Might want to check you poi.

BowBendr

The IC choke and the mag-blends should have put up better numbers than what you're seeing.
Are you sure that your paper is big enough to catch the whole pattern, and you're drawing the 10" circle after you shoot ?

knightrider

polish,polish,clean and clean some more!!!!!! :welcomeOG:

Perry296

My 835 does good with a jh but it has to be clean and I use Hevi 13 3.5 #7 and it will put 200plus in a 10" at 40 but before I was only getting around 70 pellets with other shells

chaz_Z7

i will do some more shootin when ammo comes in...also how do i get my indian creek clean....do i need to clean choke and barrel after each shot

cannonball

Quote from: chaz_Z7 on March 18, 2012, 08:35:21 PM
i will do some more shootin when ammo comes in...also how do i get my indian creek clean....do i need to clean choke and barrel after each shot

I would deep clean the barrel if this hasn't already been done. I like to run a bore snake through mine between shots.

mightyjoeyoung

Wouldn't this question be better suited to the actual GUN FORUM, not the PATTERN FORUM?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

cgarner1

I have the same problem. im getting a new gun im tired of messing with it

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: cgarner1 on March 20, 2012, 12:17:43 PM

Again...Wouldn't this question be better suited to the actual GUN FORUM, not the PATTERN FORUM?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Ridge2Ridge

My advice would be to settle with the best pattern of shot and choke tube, just like a new car MPG will vary...so get to know your gun and where the majority of shot hits...My 835 has never let me down...Federal copper plated sixes,3 1/2 in...Good Luck

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 20, 2012, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: cgarner1 on March 20, 2012, 12:17:43 PM

Again...Wouldn't this question be better suited to the actual GUN FORUM, not the PATTERN FORUM?

it would seem that they dont care !!!!!!!!

cgarner1

I was just trying to help with his question