turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Been a Busy Busy Day!!

Started by rtsj, March 17, 2012, 09:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtsj

Wow was that a long day. We patterened for 4.5 hrs. Tested 4 different handloads and just a couple factory shells in the 20 ga. Here is a look at my patterns. Let me know what you think.

These 2 are 2.25 oz of HW 7's that I got off Toasty. They really liked the open buckshot choke, but was really even in the regular style..

Next is a 2.125 oz blended load of Hevi 6' and TSS 9's. Tried the 6's on the bottom in one then swithched to the 9's on bottom in the other. Didnt really make a difference.

Loaded up a straight 2.125 oz load of Hevi 6's. Not great numbers but a good even hunting pattern.

Now the 20 ga.  Shot 2 loads of Hevishot 7's to see how they would do out of my two chokes .Didnt really like the hastings .

Last but not least is the 2 shots of the TSS 9's. Shot Hals 1 5/8 oz load. Nothing is really tight but i really like the Hastings .574 pattern. I couldnt be happier with it as a hunting pattern.

Thanks Goys once again for all the help I've received.
Roy

savduck

Man, those are freaking sweet.

I like all those patterns. Thanks for showing Toasties 7s.
Georgia Boy

sugarray

Great looking patterns, those 20s are awesome!!

I just put one up in the gun section, more for conversation than looking at the pattern.  I'd like to have more in the 20, like you.

coyotetrpr

I think that the super bantam is a good patterning 20 guage
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

mrlongbeard

lookin good my friend . looks like you are ready for some test subjects to try them on.

fountain2

Good stuff bud.  The 20 is ready. 

Gadget

Looks like it worked out pretty good Roy......

Grunt-N-Gobble

Quote from: Spuriosity on March 17, 2012, 10:35:12 PM
Congrats Roy. Some great looking patterns there. I think you are ready (as soon as the bruise on your shoulder heals, that is). ;)

Theres no bruise I can tell you that!!!!    He used a Lead Sled for all his shooting.

mightyjoeyoung

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Reloader

Looks great Roy.  Glad the loads worked out on your first try.