turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

pattern inconsistency, I'm baffled!

Started by darn2ten, March 17, 2012, 12:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darn2ten

Patterned a couple of guns the other day and was pleased with the results, until yesterday when we shot them again. All guns have been deep cleaned and polished and were swabbed with bore cleaner and a dry patch between shots for consistency. First day with a Charles Daly maxi mag 24" barrel, Jellyhead .660. At a lasered 40 yds. I got 145 in a 10" with 3-1 7/8-6 federal strut shok, that was the best combo of the day. I also got 141 in a 10" with a browning a-5 stalker with a briley straight rifled .665 with 3-2-6 win. xx. Now on to yesterday, same place with the same shells out of the same boxes. Charles Daly shot 108 and a 116 in the 10" and the browning shot a 106. Only thing different was about 4 degrees cooler and and a little more overcast. Now the CD stayed consistent with the win. 3-2-6 from day to day with a 123 and a 121. We also had 2 mossbergs that stayed consistent for day to day. One thing we did notice was out of 3 different guns all with Jellyhead .660's with the strut shok 3-1 7/8-6, they all stayed from 127 to 132 with multiple shots. Anyway, I can't understand dropping 30 pellets in the 10 from day to day with 2 different guns with 2 different shells, then the other guns being consistent. Any ideas what could cause this?