OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 6's and 1 Win. #5 lead

Started by joshua, March 16, 2012, 04:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua

I shoot the 6's hunting and usually running a IC .665. The patterns with the IC average around 190 hits in the 10 with the Hevi 6's. I thought today I would give a Kicks GT I had laying around a try. My guns really dig the 6's and I've never had any of the problems with lot # and different components like some have with the 7's.

1st 1187 26" Kicks GT .655 217 in 10"

2nd 835 24" JH .690 227 in 10"

I knew my old faithful lead should be around 100 hits with the 5's at 40. This is the first time I have ever counted the lead. Nothing great #'s wise but I have killed alot with this combo from 20 to 40 yds. Sometimes you have to know your limitations.
3rd 835 24" JH .690 93 in 10"

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Trevor2

Amazing how we ever killed turkeys before hevi and numbers game huh lol good looking patterns man.
Strutstopper

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

BIGGUS

Those Hevi #6 patterns look like the ticket to dead birds to me!  :OGturkeyhead:

mossy835

Nice patterns on all three pictures!
:newmascot: