turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Three Snoods!

Started by guesswho, March 16, 2012, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

First I want to thank everyone for all the great advice the last couple of weeks.  Our season started yesterday and I really didn't know what to expect.  I only heard one yesterday thank God so that wasn't an issue.  I had 10 hens come in to my calling first, guess I was calling wrong.  Anyway it was still  pretty cool because two of the hens had snoods, one about 8" long and the other about 6" long.  The were all in one big group.  After they left I moved and heard the gobbler again.  I figured I'd call different so I wouldn't call up those hens again and it worked.  I shot him in the head!

This morning I went to a different spot some 20 miles from the first spot.  I heard about six :o  I freaked at first running around in circles, then I remembered some of the advice I had gotten.  I called but no luck, all they would do was gobble.  I tried for a long time and got discouraged and got up and walked away from all of them.  I found a nice comfortable looking spot and thought I'd take a nap.  But I called first like I did yesterday when the hens came in.  I heard one make a noise back at me so I relied on more advice I had received.  I kicked the leaves and clucked and purred like a cat.  Before long I saw five hens moving in front of me.  Couldn't take a nap now, so I watched them as they got closer and closer, again no boy turkey's with them :-\  I kept playing with them and after about 10 minutes I see more movement from where the hens came from.  I remembered someone said a gobblers head would be red and I was now looking at five red heads.  They came single file right to me.  The third one had a thick looking snood and I wanted to shoot him but he was still a bit to far.  The first one stopped and looked at me like he new something wasn't right so I shot him in the face.  I went to him and he had three of those hairy things sticking out of his chest, I think I saw where ya'll call them snoods.  So two days and two birds, and one with three snoods totaling 23 1/4 inches.  Thanks again for all the advice :icon_thumright:, without the advice I received here I probably would have run around in circles this morning until I passed out.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TRKYHTR

Got to love them 3 snoods. Sure glad you learned so much here. You might be going hunger otherwise.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Roostem33

Great start, Congratulations!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

I-55Bandit

Snood is the flap of skin on top the beak right?

hookedspur

Great !!!! 3 Beards on the first Bird !! What-Cha gonna do for an encore ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

pullit

Congrats on a great start to the season

stinkpickle

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Look at them lovely snoods!   :happy0064:

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

vaturkey

Congrats Ronnie !  Nice bird ! I will be in NO BIRD BAMA next week !   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Flydown

That is an awesome set of snoods that boy has! Did you see any gay turkeys?

chatterbox

So, now with this taste of success, are you gonna become a snood collector? ;D

guesswho

Quote from: Flydown on March 16, 2012, 04:01:14 PM
From what I've seen the first two days their all gay.   The girls hang out with the girls and boys hang with the nboys.  I'm pretty sure those hens with snoods the first day were gay for sure.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

redarrow

Your one SNOOD dude bro. :icon_thumright:

guesswho

Quote from: I-55Bandit on March 16, 2012, 03:33:54 PM
Snood is the flap of skin on top the beak right?
I think they call that four-skins which don't make sense to me because theres only one of them.  I think snoods are those hairy things on their chest.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Flydown

Quote from: guesswho on March 16, 2012, 04:17:27 PM
Quote from: Flydown on March 16, 2012, 04:01:14 PM
From what I've seen the first two days their all gay.   The girls hang out with the girls and boys hang with the nboys.  I'm pretty sure those hens with snoods the first day were gay for sure.

Cross dressing hens and boys that run with boys, I think you need to eradicate all the turkeys in the area!!! ;D