turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Insomnia

Started by Spring_Woods, March 15, 2012, 10:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring_Woods

Who here craves sleep during turkey season?

I mean, how long can you stand it before you are just plum wore out?
Seems those early mornings wear on me more and more as I get older.

Sent via mobile
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

coyotetrpr

I remember years ago, I took the most beautiful girl to my senior prom. We had a great night and went back to her house, where we were alone. She wanted to change into something more comfortable so I waited on the couch. Side note, prom was right in the middle of turkey season and I was way low on sleep. Anyway, I woke up on her couch way later and have always wondered what might have been. Man I love turkey hunting.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

jakebird

Now that's funny, right there! :D  The worst shape i've ever been in from lack of sleep was last season. I got moved to second shift on the second week of the season, so i figured i had it made, right? WRONG! I would get to bed around 1 am, sleep three hrs if i was lucky, hunt till noon rush home, try to snooze for a bit and be at work by 330. Man, that will kill ya quick, I'm tellin you!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

gob09

most of the time i lasdt pretty god until the fourth or fith week

spaightlabs

That's why God created the earl;y afternoon nap.  Nothing better than falling asleep in front of the deke in the early afternoon and waking up a couple hours later to the sound of gobbling.

Spring_Woods

Yeah I usually just go to work after I'm done hunting. Makes for a reallyyyy long day

Sent via mobile
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I walk around with black eyes....

Gotta sleep in on rainy days.  Only chance to recharge.

Roostem33

I do pretty good when I'm at home, I can usually get 5 or6 hours sleep. But on our annual trip to S. Georgia its more like 3 to 4 hours sleep and I am a wore out puppy after 5 days of that.

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Gooserbat

There have been a few seasons that I pondered up on Meth. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

gophert

Quote from: coyotetrpr on March 15, 2012, 10:20:53 PM
I remember years ago, I took the most beautiful girl to my senior prom. We had a great night and went back to her house, where we were alone. She wanted to change into something more comfortable so I waited on the couch. Side note, prom was right in the middle of turkey season and I was way low on sleep. Anyway, I woke up on her couch way later and have always wondered what might have been. Man I love turkey hunting.

Women will take your money and time away from turkey hunting.  Be thankful you fell asleep!

budtripp

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 16, 2012, 11:08:33 AM
There have been a few seasons that I pondered up on Meth. 

HAHAHA! I've been in the same boat, but for some reason I just kept on truckin. Once in awhile it even pays off lol

turkey_slayer

I hunt everyday unless the weather is just miserable. I can go about 2 weeks and it starts catching up.  By the 5th week everything is a blur and I cant remember much lol. I work 12 hour days monday-friday and hunt 3-4 hours in the mornings. Get in the bed around 12-1 get up at 5 and do it again.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Caffeine pills.

God bless them

30_06

I can last for about two weeks, and then things turn a little fuzzy.

Trevor2

Hard at it for three solid weeks, before I find myself sleeping under the shade tree where just a few mins earlier I was hoping to hear that gobble lol. Getting up at 5 monday through thursday and getting up at 4 on friday sat and sunday, gets rough quick. But on the bright side, I love turkey hunting and the best sleep I get is in the woods during that 3rd week lmao :drool:
Strutstopper