OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

120 qt plus cooler?

Started by agturkey, March 15, 2012, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Who makes the best 120qt plus cooler at a price that is decent?

Philippe

The best and best price dosent go in the same sentence but i really like my Yeti coolers.

joshb311

Quote from: Philippe on March 15, 2012, 08:28:12 PM
The best and best price dosent go in the same sentence but i really like my Yeti coolers.

Agreed. Yeti's are AWESOME! But they sure ain't cheap. I have never seen a cooler hold ice as long as they will in the south Georgia sweltering heat. Savings on ice alone should justify the cost of the cooler over its lifetime, though.

vaturkey

Quote from: joshb311 on March 15, 2012, 08:38:22 PM

Agreed. Yeti's are AWESOME! But they sure ain't cheap. I have never seen a cooler hold ice as long as they will in the south Georgia sweltering heat. Savings on ice alone should justify the cost of the cooler over its lifetime, though.

Do the Yeti's have a lifetime warrenty ? 
Vaturkey

drenalinld

Yeti's are bad to disappear.

joshb311

Quote from: vaturkey on March 15, 2012, 08:42:48 PM
Quote from: joshb311 on March 15, 2012, 08:38:22 PM

Do the Yeti's have a lifetime warrenty ? 

Three year, but I know of a couple of guys that have had theirs for 5 years and longer with no issues. I had one friend that had a handle rip out after 4 years. He called to see about getting it repaired and they gave him a credit towards a new one in the amount he originally paid as they apparently had been having issues with that particular one.

lightsoutcalls

I was disappointed when looking at the big igloo coolers.  I've seen better hardware on Happy Meal toys.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

js05_14

You should check out Brute Box coolers. They are a new company building coolers equivalent to Yetti's but for a better price. I've got my eye on their 55 qt cooler.

GSLAM95

Spend the money one time and be done with it.  Get a Yeti or and Engel and you will never buy anything else again!
I hate to think of the coolers I have bought over the years that ended up not lasting and were trashed until I bought my first Yeti.  I have seriously kept ice for over a week in my Yeti on trips before.  Coleman, igloo etc don't hold a candle to them...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

joshb311

Quote from: js05_14 on March 16, 2012, 01:15:10 PM
You should check out Brute Box coolers. They are a new company building coolers equivalent to Yetti's but for a better price. I've got my eye on their 55 qt cooler.

Those are nice looking coolers but still don't look as rugged as a Yeti to me. I watched their YouTube videos and the lids looked too thin. In the torture test video I swear you could see the edges of the lid flexing upward when he was jumping on it. Maybe it was just me. 

I was sold last summer when my buddies tundra held ice for a full 7 days at the lake. LOTS of ice. Plus it's certified bear proof. I don't think I could outdo a bear.

stinkpickle

The more money I spend on coolers, the faster them sumbeeches get stolen.   >:(

joshb311

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 16, 2012, 05:24:35 PM
The more money I spend on coolers, the faster them sumbeeches get stolen.   >:(

I had that problem as well. I keep a close eye on em nowadays. Have gotten downright belligerant over mine. lol

cannonball

Get a Coleman Xtreme if you don't want to spend alot of money. The Yeti's are expensive, but they are worth it.

Flydown

Get a Yeti! You will not be disappointed! They do cost a lot more than most coolers but are dang sure worth it!

joshb311

Quote from: Flydown on March 16, 2012, 06:03:40 PM
Get a Yeti! You will not be disappointed! They do cost a lot more than most coolers but are dang sure worth it!

I love the way you tethered it to the bed. No way for it sprout legs and run... far at least.   :icon_thumright: