OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bama opening morning

Started by TREEDOG, March 15, 2012, 07:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TREEDOG

Got to are set up this morning with one hot of the roost gobbling he's head off. He stay around 75 to 100 yards out from us for about 1 1/2 hours. gobbling at me and crows. finally he got about 200 yards or so away from us. told my dad to put out my decoy (she mobile).

Grab my Crystal Mistress at this point he was not gobbling much and did some cutts and yelps got all fired up again. Could here him getting closer. Put down Crystal Mistress and grab cherry pot slate i got this year from David Halloran. did some soft yelps with couple excited cutts. He gobbled back was about 75 yards out. couple minutes later we could see he head.

He got around 45-50 yards away and stop again but I could see him this time to he move 5 yards to the right out from some trees he was behind. One shot at 47 yards he drop. Using hevi 13 with Indian Creek choke he did not have a chance.  

Last year I would had to wait because my pattern was bad at 40 yards with lead shot and jellyhead but But the pattern with hevi and Indian Creek choke I have now is like night and day I knew he was dead.

Thanks from looking! one picture is my dad and the other with David Halloran cherry pot slate call.

The last sound that tom will every listen to!  :turkey2:

vaturkey

Congrats on a great opening day Bama Bird !   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Roostem33

Nothing like leading off with a Homerun, Congratulations!!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Shotgun

Congrats  :icon_thumright:  Nice looking bird.

marshboy

timbrhuntr

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Gagry

coyotetrpr

Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

cannonball

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Cleburne

redleg06

JVA54