turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Trulock Federal Heavyweight #7 Choke

Started by wvnut3, March 14, 2012, 07:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvnut3

Here is a pattern out of my 11-87 with the New Trulock Federal Heavyweight #7 choke. It was at 40yds, Lasered. I was using 3inch Federal Heavyweight #7 1 5/8 oz. I only had one round to fire from old stock (4years ago). Im awaiting new ammo. I got 214 in a 10" circle at 40yds.Lee

sugarray

Awesome pattern for that load in a 3" shell!!!

Let me know when you get your stock in and we'll meet and shoot.  Stonewall Jackson is the best I know, but White Horse is ok too, if it isn't busy.

wvnut3

Ok , i usually just shoot at my house. Lee

wvnut3

I want to check the pattern at 20yds. This choke i believe is .650 constriction, if i remember what Georde Trulock Told me. Ill have to mic it tomorrow. Lee

sugarray

Well, heck if you have room to shoot, if you'd let me shoot too, I'll bring by frame and paper and shoot.  It would be great to not have to shoot by myself.  You're in bridgeport?

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

wvnut3

I am impressed with this choke/ shell combo so far,Only one round down it. The same gun with hevi#7 3inch 2oz. will only put 200-220 in 10inch @ 40yds with either pure gold .670 or hevi shot choke .662. So far so good.

MS Hntr

sippy cup

Nice pattern Ive had good luck with a undertaker 675  :OGturkeyhead:
beware of longdale legend

wvnut3

I believe its .650. I will have to mic it. They literally just got it done and put it in a generic package. Lee

SKFOOTER

wvnut3

SKFOOTER

Thanks.  That's the best pattern I've seen for that load.  But with all the reports of Federal loading the wrong size shot in those shells recently, I'd be interested in seeing how the current production of those shells pattern  :OGturkeyhead:

wvnut3

I was told by Federal those miss marked #7's are not current stock and all should be out of circulation. But like i said , I have had a really good experience in dealing with Trevor Alt @ ATK. He really seems to understand, Federal has taken care of me. My replacement shells are on the way. I have no reason to think that the current shells will pattern any different. Lee

jtg88

That is a fantastic pattern for the Federal Heavyweight.  If it holds up with your new loads, I might just have to scrap the jellyhead and hevi 7s in exchange for the HW and a trulock.