OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Still confused

Started by MouthCaller, March 14, 2012, 03:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

Ive yet to hear a bird this spring and they have got to be hammering (or so I would think) went out this morning to the place where I got those trail cam pics from last year and called up 2 owls who put on a show hooting at each other but not a peep out of any turkeys. Season starts 2 weeks from saturday and it just seems a little strange. Hopefully its just a case of me not being in the right place at the right time.

TANK

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...........Same story here in Louisiana, except season starts in 9 days!

hwy419

season starts here tomorrow and didn't hear a peep this morning... i don't know what is going on but it won't keep me out of the woods. hoping they're waiting on a sure sign that spring is here... they must know something we don't...

rawalley

Im gettin em all morning in central ms.  opens tom.
STAY HOME!

R AJ

Many have already grouped up down my way and don't  need to gobble much.
Last year they did this and actually gobbled better in the afternoons or at least as good and about as consistently.

zach06

They are gobbling in middle tn. But I have not seen the first one strutting.

MouthCaller

exzact opposite here, I saw 3 strutters in a big group of 20 mixed with hens and jakes a week and a half ago but no gobbles

cannonball

I'm not hearing gobbles here either. The birds I have been watching just started strutting around a week ago. Give them some time, it will start soon.

MouthCaller

I cant help but be anxious to hear some birds cause Ive been reading for a month about other people in various states having them hammer their little hearts out.

hwy419

Still not gobbling much at all. Between yesterday and today, only heard 6 gobbles. The blast of a 10 gauge is about the only thing that'll set em off, did have a silent one come in behind me with a Jenny yesterday but he wouldn't give me a shot... Guess it's just not that time yet... hope it gets here soon. Half the fun of opening week is all the gobbling...  >:(

Trevor2

Quote from: MouthCaller on March 14, 2012, 06:52:27 PM
exzact opposite here, I saw 3 strutters in a big group of 20 mixed with hens and jakes a week and a half ago but no gobbles
That right there would be my guess as to why your not hearing them. They have their ladies already no need to gobble.
Strutstopper

Cutt

[[/quote]
That right there would be my guess as to why your not hearing them. They have their ladies already no need to gobble.
[/quote]

I'm not from TN, and honestly do not know, but would have to agree because of the warmer weather this season, as the birds might be ahead of schedule? Just my guess as we are getting unusually warm weather here in PA too for this time of the Season. Hope I'm wrong but if this trend continues, I believe it will wrech havoc on many State Seasons, with less gobbling during the Season?

Tail Feathers

4" of rain here today.  Not much scouting going on right now. :begging:

Looks like this March will go down as a top ten wettest.  But we need it.  The drought we've been under may now officially be broken. :thanks:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!