turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Timney 870 Trigger Fix

Started by 870supermagnum, March 14, 2012, 12:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

I just received the Timney Trigger Fix UPS yesterday and wanted to ask you guys which spring gives about 2.5# pull.  There were three springs in the kit, a light blue one, a white one, and a red one.  The instructions in the kit says, light, medium, and heavy, but gives on specific poundage per spring.  Any help will be appreciated.

Spurcollecta

I tried all three springs and ended up going with the lightest of the three. It's light but I don't think it's 2.5lbs. May be closer to three but I'm not 100% sure. I do know that it was a huge improvement.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: 870supermagnum on March 14, 2012, 12:25:54 PM
I just received the Timney Trigger Fix UPS yesterday and wanted to ask you guys which spring gives about 2.5# pull.  There were three springs in the kit, a light blue one, a white one, and a red one.  The instructions in the kit says, light, medium, and heavy, but gives on specific poundage per spring.  Any help will be appreciated.

The colors are long gone from mine that I have installed and even from the one that's in the un-opened package I just checked but as I recall, the light blue one is the lightest. I've never measured the pull as far as poundage however.

My guns normally like the medium spring best. The lightest one was always just a bit too light. It's really the crispness that I like best about these kits.

Best of luck to you with it. I'm sure  you'll enjoy the difference.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Spurcollecta

I don't recall which color was which either, although it does say in the instructions. I could visually tell by the thickness of the springs as to which was lighter...

mrlongbeard

mine should be here by tomorrow. when i receive it i will let you guys know

870supermagnum

I installed the kit last night and used the lightest spring and what a difference (weight and break).  Very very little creep, light pull, and a crisp break.  I'm  happy!  :happy0064:

South Alabama

Where is the best place to purchase the Timney 870 trigger fix?

Spurcollecta

Quote from: 870supermagnum on March 15, 2012, 07:14:32 AM
I installed the kit last night and used the lightest spring and what a difference (weight and break).  Very very little creep, light pull, and a crisp break.  I'm  happy!  :happy0064:

I figured you'd like it! :you_rock: