OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wal mart lead

Started by bushwhacker, March 13, 2012, 01:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushwhacker

Why is it that the manufacturers always take the good "stuff" off the market or replace it with something new and improved that's never as good as the discontinued model or product. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Lunchbox

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 13, 2012, 06:26:19 PM
Not every Walmart carries them.

Shoot, my walmart doesn't carry any turkey loads(i thought it was just because it was out of season, but our season starts in less than a month and still nothing). :angry9: Lucky for me i have a local store i go to for my stuff.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: bushwhacker on March 13, 2012, 11:16:46 PM
Why is it that the manufacturers always take the good "stuff" off the market or replace it with something new and improved that's never as good as the discontinued model or product. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

That's what happens when you have non-hunting, pencil pushing "marketing experts" working for a ammunition or hunting product company of any kind.  It's all about the bottom line.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Philippe

Dont worry, those 3.5" 2 1/4oz Win XX's arent going anywhere, the stores just dont want to carry them and when they do they think that extra quarter ounce means the need to marke them up 4-5 bucks a box higher than the 2oz loads. I told my local shops they are shooting themselves in the foot by doing so. Sadly enough alot of them dont care anymore.

stinkpickle

I don't mind having to track down red shell XX's as long as Winchester doesn't start dickin' with their formulas...like what they did to the Partition Gold slugs.  I still can't get a straight answer if the reduced velocity is advertised or actual.  I might have to borrow a chronograph...   >:(

MossRem

It's the old "perception versus reality" thing, that's why.
If your company trots out the same old "Ain't Broke Magnum Shotshell" year after year while your competitor produces a newer design product that is supposed to "kill turkeys dead-er", guess whose product will end up flying off the shelves?
Ammunition manufacturers change their products for the same reason that auto makers always made appearance changes every model year: to give the appearance that they're keeping up with the times...and to keep from being ignored.