OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Son's first turkey

Started by dirt road ninja, March 11, 2012, 08:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

It was a slow weekend, but ended very well for us. My boy killed his first turkey at 10:10 this morning. We had three long beards in range and he put a great shot on him. We then watched one of the other birds beat it up for a few minutes after.

We struck our first gobble of the day at 10:00 and the bird was dead 10 minutes later. We got to watch them come down a logging road for 100 yards or so. They hung up at 50 I purred at them and they all gobbled and came on in.  I know I was more nervous them him.

The shot was a little longer then I would have hoped for, but the birds caught him moving the gun and stopped. They were in range so I told him to shoot. IT all ended well.

C J Stahly

WOOT WOOT!!  Well done little NINJA

dirt road ninja

I meant to put this one in the first post.

JVA54

That's AWESOME tell him CONGRATS!!!     :z-guntootsmiley:                   Nice first turkey, That excitement on his face in that first pic tell's it all!!  Hope dad can kill one like that.

davisd9

So glad to see the pictures bigger.  I knew as soon as I saw the text what had gone down.  A Big CONGRATULATIONS!  Fired up about next weekend!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

AWESOME!!!!!!  I know you are one proud papa!  Hi fives all around   :z-guntootsmiley:

WNY Bowhunter

Congrats to both of you!!!  :you_rock:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Turkeykiller12

Congrats to you and your son! I can't wait until I can post this same kinda post here on OG! Congrats Again!!!! :z-winnersmiley:

C J Stahly

I love that pic with him making the face between the birds feet....

The smiles on your faces pretty much sums it all up.  That right there is why we do what we do.

M,Yingling

All right Congrats ,,Thems some great pics  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

JVA54

dirt road ninja did you use the traveling call to call him in?

dirt road ninja

Quote from: JVA54 on March 12, 2012, 11:39:05 PM

dirt road ninja did you use the traveling call to call him in?

No, when I heard them gobble I stayed with the diaphragm that was already in my mouth. I did use it earlier that morning and the day before. Once we struck the gobble we had birds on us pretty quick.