News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler down !!!

Started by Old Gobbler, March 11, 2012, 07:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Alec's Osceola Gobbler !!

Alec is my older son , he is no stranger to hunting, he usually goes with me on a turkey hunt or duck hunt each season me and my buddies usually plan up a big family weekend and we bring all  little guys  

Waited all year for the season to arrive , between work , family , and the site Ive been real busy lately and working late at night -but its here !!!! time to do some turkey hunting with my son !!!!  our heads hit the pillow and it seemed like the buzzer went off - time for the drive to my spot , and get there extra early -- got into the area , and had to backtrack out of there closer to the truck cause it just didn't look right far up the trail -  whats that !! was a common saying , to every bird that made a sound --  Got one to gobble a few times and then took about 1 1/2 hours to call him and 2 hens through thick palmettos about 400 yards - we hit them with aggressive fighting rattle and kee's to get them worked up -  All we heard was FTT...VROOOM  -- his aim was off a bit , but he went down all the same - it was very exciting , and I am very proud of him --- we drove around afterwords and we told hunting stories of me and my dad when I was growing up , now I'm the dad taing the son hunting , ran into some old friends and they reminisced , often remarking how they remember me turkey hunting in the swamps when I was his age -

almost got choked up a few times talking about the old times - you got to hang onto your youth and enjoy it while you can - the simple times , to be young and care free - with out a worry

--Shannon

cant wait to get some sleep , we are tired as all heck from lack of it
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

chatterbox

Congrats to the 2 of you on a fine, fine bird, and what sounds like an incredible hunt!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

joshua

Awesome way to get started. Congrats.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

TRKYHTR

WTG Shannon. Congrats to you and Alec. Memories of  lifetime are made every year and this is a good one to start with.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

FttFttVroom!

That is great news and a wonderful looking bird!  Congrats to Alec :icon_thumright:

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

scoot12

Congrats on a fine bird to you and your son.  Scoot

timbrhuntr

gooblnfever

BOFF

WOOHOO!!

Way to go Alec and Shannon!!

What a memory to make and reminisce about to his children and friends later in life!!

God Bless,
David B.

surehuntsalot

congrats to the both of you
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Flydown

Heck yea! Thats AWESOME Shannon! Congrats to you both, buddy!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

935deadbird

Congrats to you both. Hope to experience that one day with my son and daughter. Thats gotta be awesome! :funnyturkey:
"Another One Bites The Dust"

greenhead11

BigMick

Awesome!!!!

Congrats to both of you!!

:happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064: