OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

best pattern so far

Started by imtalkinturkey, March 11, 2012, 12:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtalkinturkey

this is the best I have came up with so far still dont look like anything I have seen on here I may try and get me a scope and give it a try this is hevi shot #7 3.5 2 1/2 at 40 yards

chatterbox

That will kill a bird, but those numbers are very low considering that shell, and I myself wouldn't be comfortable hunting with that.
What is your choke/load combo, and have you shot it at a large piece of paper, like 36"X 36" to see where your POI is?
If you could provide us with a little more info, we could probably help you out more.

Philippe

Yeah something is wrong there, looks like you are using a modified choke or you poi is way off or something. Give us some details, gun/choke and we can help get ya on the right track.

rtsj

Quote from: Philippe on March 11, 2012, 06:57:55 AM
Yeah something is wrong there, looks like you are using a modified choke or you poi is way off or something. Give us some details, gun/choke and we can help get ya on the right track.
X2!

bird

So what gun and choke was used in this picture?  This is actually posted in the wrong section.

Todd1700

Yeah, need to know what gun/choke you are using. And as others said you need to shoot at a sheet of paper large enough to see what the whole pattern is doing. If all you shoot at is one of those small turkey head targets the densest center of the pattern could be missing it left, right, high or low. And there you are thinking your gun/choke combo just isn't patterning very well with a particular shell when actually it may be doing much better than you think but it's just not throwing that pattern exactly where you are aiming.

Your problem could be that you need to try a different choke, or it could simply be that you need some adjustable sights to get your point of aim and point of impact in the same spot. There is no way to know unless you tell us which choke you are using and you shoot at a big sheet of paper to see what the whole pattern is doing.