OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835/935 recoil pad

Started by DirtNap647, March 09, 2012, 09:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

do they make a better aftermarket recoil pad for the mossberg 835/935...?

DirtNap647

gotta admit mine kills ahead and wounds behind!

Philippe

Limbsavers are junk, none of them work worth a damn. Just get use to the abuse or shoot a 20ga lol

magicman

I like my limbsaver. It helps a lot for me.

WildSpur

Limbsaver does.  I like mine.

Cluck more, yelp less

mossy835

Limbsaver works on mine what recoil?

DirtNap647

the thing usually with aftermarket recoil pads for me is that it makes the gun that much longer usually makes it uncomfortable for me..anyone have that experience...?

Crappiepro

I put a Limb Saver on my 12ga. 535 ATS Tactical Turkey. I slipped over the end of the stock and zip tied it. Its awhole lot friendlier now LOL.

ILIKEHEVI-13

bbcoach

Limbsaver for me also.  Tames my 835 12 3 1/2's down to a 20.

devin4484

Limbsavers work trust me.  Especially ones that are made for your gun!

mightyjoeyoung

The problem I have found with my 835s...the only problem is not so much the recoil but how it is delivered.  They simply do not and cannot recoil like another gun of similar weight and shooting the same load.  The 870 SM WILL recoil more.  Pure and simple.  What they do have going against them though is how the stock drops at the comb, making the felt recoil seem that much worse than the actual recoil.  With the way the stock is fit, and then add the even worse characteristics of those stupid tactical, M-4 style stocks, and you get much more cheek slap than some guns, even with the 935 over some other autos.  Combine that with the general tendancy for those roman candle turkey loads to kick like a rented mule anyways and you have guys cringing and flinching every time they jerk the trigger on an 835.  A limbsaver pad and a simple neoprene stock cheek pad can really tame them down...not to 20 guage recoild but to a very manageable level.  I mounted a thumbhole stock to one of my 835s, fit it with a limbsaver pad, and then fit a neoprene cheek pad to the comb.  Recoil is more straight back with that stock and with the pads mounted it is a true  cat to shoot.  In fact I was honestly suprised when I touched off a Fed 3.5/2/6 HV load the other day and my ears weren't ringing and my shoulder and arm weren't numb! 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Assault on March 10, 2012, 12:07:50 PM
Wonder if a supercell off the new 870's would fit the 835??????

Nope.  Holes are spaced dif and the profile is diferent.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Swampwise

Bought a Limbsaver for my 935 and loved the difference it made with the 3.5s. However, since then I purchased a Choate pistol grip tactical stock for it. Love the pistol grip, but have not seen a Limbsaver option for the Choate stocks.(They are different from the non-pistol grip stocks) Anyone know of one, or if I am simply missing one that is offered?
I have the BFOTP!