OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A stormy morning with a bright spot

Started by Preacher, March 09, 2012, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

I got a lot of friends,  but none closer than my  budy, neighbor, turkey hunting partner, fellow chruch member, and call maker , Donnie.  ( long lost twin of catdaddy)  Donnie has some health problems with his knee srugery and complantions that lead to a blood clot in his leg.  Therefore his mobilty has been limited to say the least.  that along with the fact that Jake is 16 and Buck(my two sons) is hunting with his paw ,  Joesph ( Donnie's son) and I paired off for a stormy morning get-to-gather with Mr. Longbeard.   This meeting had its high point at 29 steps when Mr. Long beard pulled away form his single girl friend to check on that naughty talking girl by the oak tree ( Mother Lode calls are the best I have ever run).   The 20 ga. 870 found its mark and the high-viven , knuckle-bumps , neck hugging began.   Its was my honor,  even though Joesph and donnie said "Thanks" a thousand times.   Memories that will last a life time.

A good sign.
11 in. beard
1 1/8 spurs
Romans 8:37

MouthCaller

redarrow

Thats awesome Robin. Good job. God Bless.

TnTurk

Man that's awesome. I know you are pumped.  Congrats.   :happy0064:

gophert

pullit

TRKYHTR

Bad to the bone right there. Congrats to Joseph on his first ever turkey and a limbhanger to boot. Love the bloody pants and boot. Congrats and fist pumps from CA.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mr meat

honker22

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Ol'Mossy

Reloader

Awesome!  Congrats.

Love the bloody legs pic, that's all part of the fun.  I still have an old pair of insulated underwear that have a blood stain on them from the first tom I ever killed. Must have toted that rascal a mile with a grin from ear to ear.  Good times.

VA_Birdhunter

AWESOME!!   :icon_thumright:  Also love the pics!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble: