turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bennelli SBE I combo???

Started by jonhaga, March 07, 2012, 04:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonhaga

Hey guys a buddy of mine has a SBE I he wants to play with and I was wondering what chokes you guys have seen work best. He will probally shoot 3.5 Win XX (Red Shell) #6's. Currently he has a Tru Glo SSX I believe.

SKFOOTER

That choke might be a tad too tight but he won't know for sure until he patterns with it.  I'd recommend a Jellyhead .655.

WildTigerTrout

In my Benelli SBE 1 I use a Kick's GT .655. It is deadly with Win Supreme HV 3.5" 2oz. of #6. I  also agree that the Tru-Glo SSX tube may be a little tight.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

jonhaga

Ok now what if he decides to shoot H-13 Mag Blends???

gooblnfever

my buddy has sbe 1 and rhino .660 and it shoots everything ive seen him put in it pretty good

allaboutshooting

Quote from: jonhaga on March 07, 2012, 04:15:52 PM
Hey guys a buddy of mine has a SBE I he wants to play with and I was wondering what chokes you guys have seen work best. He will probally shoot 3.5 Win XX (Red Shell) #6's. Currently he has a Tru Glo SSX I believe.

I shoot that gun a lot and the SSX does exceptionally well. The Hevi-13 Turkey Choke also is a winner with that gun.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. It's very important to "deep clean" that chrome-lined barrel for best performance. http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=282
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

WiLL B

Mine shoots good with the Rhino .660 and the H13 .656. With lead or heavy shot.

beagler

I'm shooting a SBE 2 with a Rhino .660 being my best performing choke.
Never Misses

h2obil

I have a SBE I got in 1994----Rhino 673 choke, lengthened forcing cone ,24"barell usually shoot Nitros which I really like, but...... today played around with  some hevi 13  # 5's   --3" --2oz shot  that really patterened awesome !   Will start shooing Hevi 13 after today.

Good Luck!

Turkeykiller12

Indian Creek .665 with H13 2.25oz #7's. Deadly combo outta my SBE I. Tell your buddy good luck and he oughta pull up a chair and join us here.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

zach06

I have a sbe and it shoots well with a kicks gt .660.  With hevi-13 #7 I usually get about 250-260 in the 10 inch circle if I remember correctly.  I think it was around 220 with mag blends. Around 230-240 with nitro 51013a, and nitro straight 7s are about the same as hevi-13 7s.

Hope this helps.

jonhaga

jonhaga

He has decided to shoot H-13 Mag Blends 3.5 shell. Any suggestions on a choke???

jonhaga

ccleroy

I am shooting a SBE1 28" topped with a Sumtoy .650 throwing XR 3.5inch 6's with super results.