turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Scopes

Started by Big Willie, March 05, 2012, 07:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Willie

Just wanting to know what everybody has had the best luck with as far as turkey scopes go. We been looking at the Tru glow models. Whats good or bad how durable are they?

snapper1982

never had a problem with my simmons pro diamonds

vaturkey

Leupold VX2    2X7 !   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

devin4484

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Prefer A Bushnell Trophy With a Turkey Reticle over any red dot,I Just dont trust Red dots because of the Batteries.But its all personal preference.

jessy

I've used the Leupold 2x7 for 30 years on a pair of rem 1100's, one for deer, one for turkeys.  Tried 1x4 Leupold but found it underpowered.  Wouldn't change them for anything!

runngun

Heard horror stories about the truglos not holding up. I have the Nikon turkey pro, has a reticle that fits nicely around a big ole gobblers head at 40 yards.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

NC-struts

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to a scope over a red dot?

gobblingghost

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: runngun on March 05, 2012, 09:40:38 PM
Heard horror stories about the truglos not holding up. I have the Nikon turkey pro, has a reticle that fits nicely around a big ole gobblers head at 40 yards.
x2 on the nikon turkey pros, I have 2 of the old model and love them. I also know alot of guys on here speak highly of the bushnell fastfires and if i were wanting another scope id buy one of them because of all the good ive heard and like how small and light weight they are.

Valk

Scope vs. Red dot is just personal preference in my opinion. Both will get you on target. I use Simmons Pro Diamond scopes and they never let me down. I just can't bring myself to count on a battery in the woods, I"m old school I guess.

deerslayer357

I use the nikon and have no complaints!

WyoHunter

I've got 2 Bushnell Trophy scopes with Circle reticle and I'm very satisfied with them.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

NC-struts

Good to know.  Thanks.

Luke95

3x on the Nikon
Loven it beats a red dot
Reticle
Magnification
No batteries

Luke95
Sumtoy Get Choked