OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Scopes

Started by Big Willie, March 05, 2012, 07:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

Bushnell eye relief is not as advertised. I have scars to prove it. I don't trust batteries. Had a dead one with strutter at 20 yards. Luckily i could see bead under red dot. I bought Nikon pro diamond for $129 and love it. The leupold is awesome and lightweight, but a lil expensive.

beagler

I have an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot scope on both my Mossberg 835 and Benelli SBE 2. Great scope!
Never Misses

TnTurk

It's gonna be hard to beat this one for the price. I have one on a Win 1300 and really like it.
  http://www.opticsale.com/bushnell-banner-1.75-4x32-cantilever-slug-gun-1319-prd1.html

Flyrodder

Quote from: Valk on April 18, 2012, 09:11:58 PM
Scope vs. Red dot is just personal preference in my opinion. Both will get you on target. I use Simmons Pro Diamond scopes and they never let me down. I just can't bring myself to count on a battery in the woods, I"m old school I guess.
I prefere a scope as well. My buddy lost battery power and had to look under the Red dot to line up the bead on the last day. My scope doesn't run out of battery power.
Flyrodder

TN Beard Buster

just traded for a new 870 SM Turkey that came with a Tru Glo red dot! immediately asked for it to be taken off! Peronally don't want to deal with a battery in the woods! I also just purchased a Nikon TurkeyPro BTR! Have not shot this set-up yet.but have shot scoped guns in the past with great success! The Nikon is by far the clearest scope i have personally ever looked thru and the BTR reticle is sweet!

drenalinld

Agree, TN. You won't be disappointed. Great scope and at clearance prices it is a steal.

Siwash

Would any of the above you folks have mentioned double as good scopes for whitetails? I am looking for a scope that will perform double duty...

thanks!!

chatterbox

Burris FastFire 3 for me in 8 MOA dot.
Very small, lightweight, and tough as nails. The batteries in these little sights last a very long time, and with the improvements made from the FFII to the FFIII. For instance, no more removing the sight to change the battery, and the click adjustments for windage and elevation are far superior to the locking screws on the back.
Took me 2 shots to dial my FFIII in. If you are looking at red dot/reflex sights, I would look no further.

whiskey

Quote from: WyoHunter on April 18, 2012, 09:28:13 PM
I've got 2 Bushnell Trophy scopes with Circle reticle and I'm very satisfied with them.

I had one of these and was very happy with it. It held up for years on a pump gun. I sold the gun to a friend and he is still using it. That's about 8 years of magnum turkey loads and slugs.

Tom Dooley

My 2 sons have used the bushnell red dots for several years and had zero problems. Even if the battery starts losing power you will see the dot getting somewhat dimmer long before it will go out.

lock1nout

I took a gobbler with a nikon turkeypro last spring. As mentioned, the clarity is amazing even at first light and the 5" eye relief gives me no worries on my knoxx stock. I dont get why they discontinued this scope.

tha bugman

I have really thought about putting a scope on my 835 but I am concerned that I lose the perpherials on a bird slipping in anyone's thoughts?

Treeninja

I love my Simmons Prodiamond also

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

tha bugman

I put a Tru Glo on mine.  This is the first time I have tried a scope so I did not want to make that big of an investment if I did not like it but I really love the way that the turkey target head fits perfectly in the diamond reticle.