Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My 30th Birthday Cake...Wife Did Good (Kentucky Wildcates Cake)

Started by VA_Birdhunter, March 04, 2012, 11:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

In about 4 min I'll be hitting the big 30.  My wife decided to get me a special birthday cake (actually its my first one in about 10 + years).  She hit a home run on this one!  She got me a Kentucky Wildcats basketball cake!  I'm a HUGE / DIEHARD UK fan.   I was very surprised...and she done a great job keeping it a secret...I sure wasn't expecting it.  My two little boys also loved it.   I love this time of year I get to watch my Kentucky wildcats and get ready for spring turkey season....and to top it off my Wildcats finished with a perfect season in there conference today beating Florida ending with a 16-0!  Can't wait for the tournament to start.   But most of all I think my wife for a great surprise that I greatly appreciate and also I think my Lord and Savior for another wonderful year as I look back I am so truly blessed....Thank you Lord!!!

God Bless  

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

El Pavo Grande

Congrats on the birthday, the cake, and the Wildcat's great season thus far.   (Enjoy the basketball while you can......in a few more years it's Wooo Pig Sooooie time again!!! ;D)

deadhead870

Boy that is a cool looking cake...im showing this to my wife because she does customs cake like that.

Rio Fan

Your wife did a great job on that cake and your Wildcats have had an incredible season.  I can't wait for March Madness to begin!

Tuttle

Happy birthday Cat fan!  I live in Lexington so you know I'm with you on the Cats!!  Can't wait for the big tournament to start.  I've got to be honest though, I'm kind of hoping they lose one in the SEC tournament.  I'm afraid that the odds will catch up with them soon.  They are the best team in the country but winning 5 or 6 games in a row is much easier than 30.  Ask the packers or the patriots or UNLV who went undefeated into the national championship game and were beaten by Christian Latner and those hated Dukies.  I think this team can do it but the odds scare me a little in a 1 and done situation.  Great cake BTW.

MAKEemQUIVER

Awesome cake!!! Glad to know that there are some other UK fans on here, Im super pumped for the tournament, I wish the sec tourny was already over. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Tuttle on March 05, 2012, 01:47:19 PM
Happy birthday Cat fan!  I live in Lexington so you know I'm with you on the Cats!!  Can't wait for the big tournament to start.  I've got to be honest though, I'm kind of hoping they lose one in the SEC tournament.  I'm afraid that the odds will catch up with them soon.  They are the best team in the country but winning 5 or 6 games in a row is much easier than 30.  Ask the packers or the patriots or UNLV who went undefeated into the national championship game and were beaten by Christian Latner and those hated Dukies.  I think this team can do it but the odds scare me a little in a 1 and done situation.  Great cake BTW.

Tuttle I love Lexington and the area around it....(would love to turkey hunt that area one day).  I've tried to get transferred there twice with my work but have been unsuccessful so far....Lord willing one day I'll make it!  I can see your thoughts on the SEC tournament.  I do think they have a good chance of taking it this year if they keep there head in the game....I do dread to see this year end there top 6 starters will be gone.  I know Miller has to go its his senior year and I've enjoyed watching him play as I have Jones in his time there....I just hate to see this team split after this year I've really enjoyed watching them.     

God Bless

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Double28 on March 05, 2012, 10:39:07 PM
That's one heck of a cake! How many hours went into that?

Buddy I think it took about all day to put it together......well worth it to me and I also greatly appreciated it of course!!

God Bless

VA_Birdhunter

mr meat

WOW!very nice cake allot of work must have gone into that! congrats on the birthday!

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

Tuttle

Go whoosiers??  I'd love to get another crack at them, especially in Rupp or nuetral floor.  I'm pretty sure the results would be different now.  Do they play in Rupp next year?  I heard that the series may be over after this year.