OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Rem 870 26" barrel 20ga RSF with Heavyweights (pix inside)

Started by Philippe, March 03, 2012, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Ok guys, last weekend as you know i patterned my new 870 20ga and did not get very good results. Well today i found the ticket and boy is it gonna smack some birds. Today i took it out and decided to test the Fedral Heavyweight 3" 1 1/2oz 7's and 3" 1 1/2oz 6's using the RSF hevi shot approved choke. And man did it do some damage at 30 yards! :drool:

Fed 7's

Fed 6's

RemingtonRules

Glad you got what you wanted.  You may want to adjust your aimpoint to the right as you are on the edge of  your pattern.

savduck

Philippe, Did you get to shoot any at forty. There are a few of us that the patterns are killers at 30 then open up at 40 big time. What Lot number are you running?

Georgia Boy

Philippe

Quote from: savduck on March 04, 2012, 08:13:27 AM
Philippe, Did you get to shoot any at forty. There are a few of us that the patterns are killers at 30 then open up at 40 big time. What Lot number are you running?

I did not take any 40 yard shots, i specifically wanted this gun to be at its peak and best performance at 30 yards. As for the POI being off a bit, it is being fixed, i am installing a set of adjustable gobble dots. The lot number of 6's i shot was 37UX651.

savduck

Georgia Boy

Philippe

Thanks to all the great info from everyone on this site, this shotgun is finished and ready for season. I will be having it dipped in Mothwing Spring Mimicry later on.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Philippe

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 04, 2012, 09:47:37 PM
outstanding patterns :drool:

What is sad, is i looked at the pictures side by side today, and the two pictures you see here out shot my 835 at 30 yards shooting 3 1/2 lead 6's :o

cannonball