Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's More Expensive; Gold Or Star Dot?

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 02, 2012, 05:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

This is plum crazy.  Do not send this to Colonial Arms.  LOL!  But I am serious.  They will raise their price.   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200721751101

bowhunter32

goblr77

Brad, I received the Colonial Arms choke today. I'm pleased. It doesn't have quite as many ports as the Stardot but the internals are exactly the same except for the exit diameter...and it's not much different. My Stardot mics to .6765 and the Colonial Arms mics .679. I think it will be a shooter. Just have to wait on a good day to fire a couple 7's through it. I took a pic of the two side by side and can't post it right now. The pic is on my iPad and the server is having problems communicating with tapatalk at the moment. I will say they look like twins.  :icon_thumright:

Tom Foolery

My Stardot mics .678", I just measured it today.

gobbler74

Glad to see Yall trying colonial arms. Hope they do well. Are you guys trying the ported extended or standard turkey?
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

GOLD HUNTER

WHAT  :o ......... $ 157.00 IS IT MADE OUT OF GOLD !!!

goblr77

Quote from: gobbler74 on March 02, 2012, 11:03:44 PM
Glad to see Yall trying colonial arms. Hope they do well. Are you guys trying the ported extended or standard turkey?

Ported extended. Looks just like the Stardot.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Myles,

I hope this choke lights it up with the Hevi-13 #7 loads.  But to truly ring it out you might want to try some of the good loads  like lot #300325. 

keyser12ga

Dang, I need to list my StarDot.  The Stardot I have measures at .676, the Preston Pittman I had measured .678 or around there.

mightyjoeyoung

Thinkin somebody needs to lay off the crack pipe?!  I saved it in my watched item list just to see if some dink actually places a bid.   :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

GOLD HUNTER

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on March 03, 2012, 10:03:14 AM
THE LAST TIME I LOOKED it had 25 bids  :drool:

Good Lord!  Really?!  Too funny.   Sad...but funny.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

nflorek

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 03, 2012, 09:29:03 AM
Thinkin somebody needs to lay off the crack pipe?!  I saved it in my watched item list just to see if some dink actually places a bid.   :TooFunny:
That's what i was thinking! it must double as a good crack pipe for that price. :TooFunny:

goblr77

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 03, 2012, 02:03:00 AM
Myles,

I hope this choke lights it up with the Hevi-13 #7 loads.  But to truly ring it out you might want to try some of the good loads  like lot #300325. 

I have plenty of 300324's. Just gonna shoot a couple and save the rest for birds.

jjenkins

wow, i have a stardot for an 835 around here somewhere need to find it and list on e-bay