OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Great Lead #6 Pattern

Started by Kylongspur88, March 01, 2012, 10:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

Patterned a few shells this afternoon and this was the winner of the bunch. Winn 3in HV #6 form a 870 with a 28inch barrel through my old Hastings .640 at 40 yards lasered, 142 hits. Didn't deep clean, just gave it a quick scrub before I shot. It was in the mid 60's with a little wind. I'm sorry the circle is so ugly but my wrist doesn't turn in a complete circle, but all the pellets counted were within 5 inches of the x.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

chatterbox

If you can do that with relative consistancy, I wouldn't look any farther for a shell!
Nice pattern! :icon_thumright:

longspur

saveallj

pdqt

I haven/t seen one that good using 1 7/16 oz #8 tss.    :newmascot:  still trying. Got some #9.  :gobble:

Michigander

Sweet, no need for HTL with a pattern like that!

Nick_The_Tinkerer

shuey270

FttFttVroom!

very nice pattern, looking to improve on my HV 6 numbers as well, just barely over 100 at the moment.

surehuntsalot

nothing wrong with that pattern
I see some dead turkeys in somebody's future
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Question is if you polish the barrel how much better will it shoot or will it effect the pattern negatively????

mr meat

Nick_The_Tinkerer

this gun must shoot one giant hole at 20 yards  :lol:

BOSS HOGG LOU

I'm sure the 28inch barrel had a lot to do with that. Great pattern there
If Silence Is Golden, Why is Duct Tape Silver?