Started by Kylongspur88, March 01, 2012, 10:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MERCing

That one should do the trick !

How consistant is that combo ?

Kylongspur88

Quote from: BOSS HOGG LOU on March 10, 2012, 03:20:27 PM
I'm sure the 28inch barrel had a lot to do with that. Great pattern there
Yes, that 870 will shoot good patterns with 4's, 5's, and 6's. Between the long barrel, tight choke, and the fact the HV's can be choked tight it's a solid combo. I'm going to shoot that choke shell combo through another gun this week with a shorter barrel and see what the results are.

trkehunr93

That is great.  I can't get my 835 to break the 90's with the Win 3.5" HV 5's or 6's.  The 5's throw the best pattern of the 2 though, 24 hits in the head/neck area with the Star Dot.

GeorgeJR

I like that your POA and POI (counted) are so close.  Many patterns I see on the board the the aim point appears to be a distance away from the impact.  Of course many I am sure are making adjustments based on the patterns or compensate when they shoot.  I shoot with a shooting stick after having to do a bad twist, off eye, leaning 1/2 sitting 1/2 standing shot for my first bird.  Knocked it at 20 with a really tight choke, and was a 4.5 yr old bird  11-1/4 beard with 1-1/3/8 spurs...  After finding out how nice of a bird it was (I just new what a Tom verse Jake looked like and what the pattern on the gun would do going into this hunt).  After that I wanted a little insurance to help with those shots in case I ran into a similar off hand shot again.  I have some left over rosin paper that I plan on using for patterning so I can see where all the pellets are going.  Would be nice to have one as nice as this one.  Thanks for posting.

davesonic444

Trevor2

Thats great man. The best I have got with that shell is 130 through my .643 ssx and 870 with 21" barrel.
Strutstopper

WIRE PALADIN

wow thats looks like a killr ammo to me

pat
:chucknorris:
Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt