Primos tightwad .660 with an 870 express

Started by okiegobblers, March 01, 2012, 10:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

munchnan

Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 06, 2012, 01:59:19 PM
what length is the barrel?
if this is pointed to me the barrel on that 870 is 18.5 inches .I also have a 21,23,and a 26 inch 870s and a 28 inch 11/87 that will not come close to the 18.5 with any lead load and choke combo

blackmagic

While I killed my 2 birds this year with an 870 and Tightwad and 26" barrel, I think I've got some pattern issues.  At 17 yards, I had pellets from the top of the head, pellets in the breast, broke a wing, and a leg.  I'm shooting Winchester Supreme 3" #6's.  At that distance, I thought it would have been much more dense.

Trevor2

Quote from: blackmagic on April 07, 2012, 08:50:24 PM
While I killed my 2 birds this year with an 870 and Tightwad and 26" barrel, I think I've got some pattern issues.  At 17 yards, I had pellets from the top of the head, pellets in the breast, broke a wing, and a leg.  I'm shooting Winchester Supreme 3" #6's.  At that distance, I thought it would have been much more dense.
You would think it would be alot tighter than that.
Strutstopper

blackmagic

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 09, 2012, 09:14:34 PM
You would think it would be alot tighter than that.

I must admit, this is my probably nasty dirty, rusty duck hunting barrel, I wonder if that's got something to do with a broken up pattern like that.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: sawdust1957 on March 29, 2012, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: tyelper on March 01, 2012, 03:49:39 PM
if your gonna run a ventilator tube go to

cdnninvestments.com

they are 12.99......i shoot a ventilater in an 870 and a tightwad in one the tightwad likes the win hv 3'' 1 3/4oz  num 6,,,the ventilator likes the remington nitro 3'' 2oz number 6

Shot my new ventilator choke tube in my rem. sm 12gauge today for the first time and I got 149 holes in a 10 inch circle at a measured 40 yards using win. supreme  3 1/2 "  2 1/4 oz shot  #  6.  I'll take that.

You would be hard pressed to top that. 

mikes

I had the same problem with my 1187/26" while patterning with a .660 tightwad.. VERY open patterns at 40.. best I could get was 66 pellets with Win 3.5" 6 HV's, but there were holes all over the 3ftx3ft paper, top to bottom..  Tried several other lead loads as well (Rem premiers in 5 and 6, Win's in 5).  It started getting expensive quick, and I didn't want to buy a new choke so I finally broke down and picked up hevi blends to get the pattern I wanted (sorry guys, I know it's the lead forum), but I want to shoot lead next season due to the cost of the Hevi.. I REALLY want to try a ventilator, I hear nothing but good things about them and you can't beat that price!  Wish I would have found this forum a couple months ago!  Awesome advice on here!