OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Provoking Thought of the Day

Started by bird, March 01, 2012, 08:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Here is ONE to think on for a moment as you start your day:

Isn't it ironic that the food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever?

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.

jyoung

:z-winnersmiley:
I could not agree more!! And I work for the USDA!!

Jonathan
Jonathan Young

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

mnturkey

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for life. or something like that.
SEMPER FI

Eric Gregg

remmy1187

hookedspur

Quote from: JohnDoe on March 01, 2012, 09:05:33 AM
Quote from: mnturkey on March 01, 2012, 09:03:08 AM
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for life. or something like that.

GIVE A MAN A FISH AND HE EATS FOR A DAY. TEACH A MAN TO FISH AND HE'LL SIT IN A BOAT AND DRINK BEER ALL DAY ;D ;D

I Know several fellows that resemble that remark.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

deadhead

As I leave to go turkey scouting/crappie fishing ;D
just remember they are big chickens.

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: mnturkey on March 01, 2012, 09:03:08 AM
Or "Teach a man to flyfish and he will spend thousands of dollars to catch trout that he lets go anyway" That's my own quote. Feel free to use it.   WTT
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

cannonball

mossy835

Tis sad but true where has pride gone?

unclerick

You know growing up as a kid we had to get food stamps a couple times, and it was the booklet kind and the casheir wrote out a I.O.U. for change, I remember how everyone thought it was so embarassing and humiliating to use them, you went shopping when no one was there and you kept letting folks in front of you so as not to be seen useing them. Now it seems like it's the cool thing to do..

But what really grips my tail is my dad is liveing in extreme poverty, he gets $10 a month in stamps while there are jokers out there that never hit a lick at a snake and get $800 to $900 a month,
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

handcannon

Old Gobbler

its true of many social programs , welfare , even workmans comp - many people exploit the system and sap it out , then we got folks in dire need and there is no money left for them

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon