turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What to expect

Started by captpete, March 01, 2012, 06:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

What can I expect for pattern out of my 870 with a 26" barrel, Jellyhead .665 & Hevi13 3/2/7's? I just bought the JH and have never shot the Hevi13 before. I went this route after reading a LOT of threads on here. Now the more I read, I'm wondering if I should have went with the .660 instead of the .665 OR 6's instead of 7's. I know I'll need to shoot it to see what pattern I get, but just wondering what to expect.

Philippe

Assume it wont shoot well and surprise yourself with the results, thats all you can do.

ILIKEHEVI-13

My 870 28" barrel didn't like either Jelly Head with that same load.  I know others swear by them.  I don't.   

nyhunter

It will do just fine, Ya it might do better with a .660 or it might not!  The 7's will have more hits and denser patterns than the 6's. Bottom line is your gonna have to spend some time at the range patterning it. I would deep clean it at the minimum, and polishing it would definitely help to.  Regardless let us know how it does and what works best for your gun.

Gobble!

SKFOOTER

Get the Jellyhead .660 tube.  You'll be glad you did! :happy0064:

captpete

I checked quite a few different places and nobody had the JH .660. ??? I just ordered from Midway &  it's backordered. The problem is the expected date in is 4/6/12. Our seasons start here on 4/16.   :'(
I have deep cleaned the the gun and was planning on polishing it tomorrow. That was until the misses decide we(meaning me) are going to start the our bathroom remodeling project tomorrow.  :whip2: :whip2: