OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remember Who Made The Downeaster Duck Call?

Started by Turkey Trot, February 29, 2012, 12:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Trot

A fellow named Steve [?] started a waterfowl supply co. in the 1990's and had a catalog.  I believe that he was in eastern N.C., up toward Elizabeth City, Edenton, etc.  He made calls, and one was a duck call of his own design called a Downeaster.  Some guys I saw more frequently back in those days bought them in cocabola and really liked them.  I always meant to get one but did not act in time, and he closed the catalog business.   I lost track of it and tried recently to identify him through google, but have had no success.

Do any of you remember that catalog and callmaker? 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

KneeDeep

His name was Steve Early, the catalog was S.W. Early Waterfowl Supply. Hope this helps.

Turkey Trot

That is it. 

I figured someone here would know.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

SWAMPFOX

steve early. i think he ended up selling his business to neuse sport shop. i have some of his calls if u are interested. send me a pm. i wish the ducks and time were here like they were back then.
swampfox

pullit

Would you mind posting  up a picture of the calls?
I am a duck call nut and have several different calls myself but have never heard of this one.

Thanks

SWAMPFOX