OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Nitro Mag

Started by miketphoto, February 29, 2012, 09:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketphoto

Anybody shooting the plain Remington Nitro Mags in #6? I have tried the Nitro Turkey in #5 and it was not bad at 25 to 30 yards. I think the #6s would be right on.

Thanks

R AJ

I  do have some from a box of 25 and they will do the job but not as well as the fed FC in #6  for me.

I do not believe that they are copper plated but don't remember for sure.

Eric Gregg

My gun liked the #5's better for some reason. Again, that was at 30yds.
I had the best pattern with a tru-glo choke and #5's. I shot the 6's and the pattern was not as good as the 5's.
They are copper plated.

surehuntsalot

for some reason,I have never been able to get Remington lead to pattern for me no matter what I try
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

miketphoto

Thanks for the insight guys.  I think I will try them given the price relative the turkey specific loads. I will be hunting with my 10 year old and looking to be shooting 30 yards or less.  If they don't pattern well enough I guess they will make good crow shells.

bowhunter32

i too have a box of 25..believe they are #4's...never shot them..lol..bought them a few years back on clearance for like 12 bucks...

Luke95

I have used them 63 in the ten at 40
Sumtoy Get Choked

dawei

In my Remington® SPR220 (Baikal® IZH-43) 20ga SxS gun; through Colonial Arms® .570" & .575" chokes, they pattern better than any Pb load from any manufacturer. The specific load I'm referring to is..........
• Remington® Nitro Turkey™ 20ga 3" Mag 1185fps 1¼oz #5 (NT20M5)

This is a buffered Pb load and the shot IS NOT copper-plated.

I also tried the Remington® Premier® Magnum 3" Mag 1¼oz #6 Cu plated Pb and it was ABSOLUTE CRAP in my three 20ga guns through 11 choke combinations.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Dallen92

My grandfather swears by the #6 nitro mags.  As long as I have hunted with him that is all he has ever used and he has killed many a bird.