turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Turkey Gun

Started by djm, February 28, 2012, 07:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djm

Can I get some good suggestions on a new turkey gun? 

HogBiologist

Cant go wrong with the inexpensive Rem 870.  Cheap and very reliable.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

swamppirate

Oh boy....where to start...how much you looking to spend?  That is a good starting place...an 870 is hard to beat...
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

djm

I was thinking 1800.00 for a complete set up.

yelpy

If you are willing to spend that much SBEII or the Extrema! Both are good reliable guns. You may even be able to add a Burris Speed Beed to your rig. I would work with Sumtoy or Gobbler guns for a turkey choke. Either one will hook you up.

swamppirate

If I had that kind of money I would take a look at an over and under....look at the browning citori...
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Curtdawg88

I would go with the Extrema 2 with that kind of budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

hunter-b

vaturkey

Vaturkey

reynolds243

trackerbucky

If that's your budget then an O/U would be hard to beat.  Two chokes available at any time. One barrel with haevy shot for long range and one with lead for close up.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

swamppirate

Citori satin hunter....26 barrel with 3 1/2 chambers...and it's already got lengthened forcing cones....

RECEIVER – Steel; Matte blued finish; Scroll engraving in corners of receiver and Buck Mark in the center
BARREL – Matte blued 28" and 26"; 12 gauge, 3 1/2" chamber; Ventilated top rib; Solid side rib
ACTION – Single selective trigger; Hammer ejectors; Top-tang barrel selector/safety
STOCK – Grade I walnut; Satin finish
FEATURES – Vector Pro™ lengthened forcing cones; Three Invector Plus™ choke tubes (F,M,IC); Ivory front bead sight; 1" black ventilated recoil pad
Robert E. Lee

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

GobblinNC

FttFttVroom!